Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just picked up a early 80's Waggy and unknown to him we (his good Friends) are going to turn it into a trail rig. So, I need some ideas and/or guidance on do's and don'ts. Thanks!

·
Registered
811 Posts
IFSJA.org
one that I remember is riverbeast

that should get you going

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a look at the victim this morning. Lots of good parts to sell to fund the project. Anyone need a tailgate with a operational electric window and all the back glass?

I have another question. It seems it has a vac operated disconnect on the front axle. Is this some sort of locking diff or a disconnect like the YJ, XJ's use? I am assuming it has a NV231 t-case because the diff is on the drivers side. Is this correct?

·
Registered
246 Posts
LCOwner said:
.Anyone need a tailgate with a operational electric window and all the back glass?
I would post it over on ifsja.org you will probably find a buyer pretty quick

LCOwner said:
I have another question. It seems it has a vac operated disconnect on the front axle. Is this some sort of locking diff or a disconnect like the YJ, XJ's use?
This is just to disconnect the D-shaft from the axle so you aren't driving around with the D-shaft spinning. Kind of like Hubs.

LCOwner said:
I am assuming it has a NV231 t-case because the diff is on the drivers side. Is this correct?
It depends on the age of the vehicle. But due to it haveing a Vac operated front axle I am going to say its a NP229. Its a full time TC that is decent but the VC (viscous couplar) will go south pretty quick if you try to do some hard offroading on it. Your best option is to swap in a NP208 AM, its a part time TC. Its chain driven but hardiest direct bolt on you can get with out buying adaptars.

But if you are going to work on this thing at all you need to go over to www.ifsja.org you can find everything you could ever think about doing to this rig over there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts