Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys just signed up in hopes I can get some info on building my first crawler. I have skills in tubing bending and I am a pipe welder by trade. I have a 429 BB in the garage begging to be put to use. I was wandering if I can buy a set of plans to fit this big of motor or should i down size. If so would like to here comments. I did look at the bmpII and the Hellrasier 2 truck plans on AZ rock crawler but wasn't sure which would allow enough room for my motor. Sure y'all get this a lot but looking for some good tips. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
There are very few plans out there to buy. Unless you're a rock bouncer it would probably be a good idea to ditch the big block. I assume it's carbureted as well.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Where do you live and what is the environment where you are? How big do you want this rig to be? 1,2,3,4,5 seater? 37,40,44,49" tires? Nothing wrong with a big block buggy as long as it is set up and used right. A 429 in my single seater wouldn't be worth a shit, but my 22r wouldn't be worth a pinch of shit in a four seater rockwell east coast rig on 49's either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in south carolina and i dont want a buggy bigger than two seater.I do know i want a four link with atleast 40 on it. If the motor is two big what would you suggest i get. I havnt built the motor yet so i would like to know before i get started on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts