Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to have some simpleish shapes cut out of steel plate in colorado. Will have to be none on a cnc machine. Can anybody recommend anyplace?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should mention that I can provide a design file with paths for this stuff so you wouldn't have to figure that out.

·
Window Licker
14,783 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Here is an example of something I want to have cut out as an inkay for a concrete table top I am making. Not sure what the type will say but will be in a font like this about a foot 1.5 foot. I might want to do about 4 of them out of 1/4 - 1/8" steel plate.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I assume you meant inlay? Got any example pics of what the final product will look like? I did my first small countertop several months ago and I'm itching to do a table now. Maybe something for my patio. Thinking about getting a little fancier on the next one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Jeepermat - I am finishing up my first graphic. It will still be pretty rough but will be cool to try it out. I'll ping you in a day or so.
@bgaidan I just did my first table top. It's drying in the garage. I will post some pics once it's done. I did kind of a modern base you might see at Restoration Hardware like the one below. Next one I am hoping to do a steel inlay but I am going to test it out on a small piece of concrete that doesn't weigh 400lbs lol.

·
Window Licker
14,783 Posts
@Jeepermat - I am finishing up my first graphic. It will still be pretty rough but will be cool to try it out. I'll ping you in a day or so.

@bgaidan I just did my first table top. It's drying in the garage. I will post some pics once it's done. I did kind of a modern base you might see at Restoration Hardware like the one below. Next one I am hoping to do a steel inlay but I am going to test it out on a small piece of concrete that doesn't weigh 400lbs lol.

I'm curious about the inlay part. I don't think I've ever seen it done.

Are you talking about leaving the steel in place? Or casting it in and then removing it to create a depression-stencil type thing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Jeepermat - I just emailed you a dxf and illustrator file. Let me know how much it will cost to do something about 8"long.
@bgaidan - It's pretty simple. You build your table form and before you pour your concrete you use a little silicone and glue in place your steel or fossil or anything that can be polished down with a wet grinder. Once you flip your table it's in there. You just start polishing and then you will have a nice inlay.

Check out this link:
goo.gl/a9xSXR

Also google concrete steel inlay on google and click the image button to see other examples

1 - 10 of 10 Posts