Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I did to my rig was finally clean my custom made bikini top. It pained me to leave it muddy and soiled for so long.:flipoff2:

I then lubed (Son of a Gun) the piss out of it, let it air dry, and rolled it up for the winter.

Finished organizing the gayrage finally....shop lights all ran and switched.

Getting things ready for the gear swap and next round of builds:D

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Painted the passenger door and got it mounted. Took my brother for a couple topless, windsheildless, hoodless cruises around the neighborhood with the laptop hooked up. Logged some data used it to burn another chip for the ECM. Working on getting the top installed this week so I can get the cab "dried in". Then I can start taking it for longer cruises and log better data to make better chips. Also found out that my fuel pump is substandard and will need to be swapped out for a better one.

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,032 Posts
Tossed the Parking Brake on my Dana 18.

Opened the new Wiring Harness from Centech.
Got confused/overwhelmed/frustrated & put it away.

Made up my mind on how I'm going to build my rear bumper.

The Scout 80s came with a thin rear c-channel crossmember at the end of the frame rail which had 4 body mounts on it.

Jdjanda gave me some scrap, which had perfect heavy duty piece that I can replace it with....
So I cut 2" off the frame to weld it on.

Helped Joe (jdjanda) pack all his tools for his move to Texas...

Now that he is gone (along with his tools) I have to pick up a good Welder & Mask....:(

I did get a bunch of scrap though.....:)

·
Registered
943 Posts
No work progress. However, I did pick up a front axle and some other parts for my ongoing Scout 800 project, and my tow rig. Thanks JoshC!!! :beer:

Thanks also to JoeD ( I hope the move and new job are going well). JoshC, JoeD, and other Pirate vets have been very generous and patient with this broke rig building newbe. They have kicked down leftovers from their less extreme wheeling days, have answered stupid questions, and have given good advice. Thanks againg guys!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

---Aaron

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Moved the engine mounts and raised the front of the engine an inch. This lowered the rear output and brought the rear driveshaft angle in proper phase.
Yesterday stopped by a usually worthless boneyard. They had a SII project truck that just arrived. In the back seat were 2 new endcaps, 2 new rear fenders, and 2 new rockers. If any of you want it as a package email me, or else look for it piece meal on Ebay

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hung some doors, block sanded a little, trimmed my grille, painted WS frame and some other stuff, fixed some wiring issues. Should be hanging fenders (permanently) and trimming them too today.

Darel

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Creepy196 said:
No work progress. However, I did pick up a front axle and some other parts for my ongoing Scout 800 project, and my tow rig. Thanks JoshC!!! :beer:

Thanks also to JoeD ( I hope the move and new job are going well). JoshC, JoeD, and other Pirate vets have been very generous and patient with this broke rig building newbe. They have kicked down leftovers from their less extreme wheeling days, have answered stupid questions, and have given good advice. Thanks againg guys!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

---Aaron
Sounds like you wound up with a few of the left overs. I will never take apart another Scout, too much crap left over. If I can't cut it off and weld something new back on then I won't deal with it.

Joe

·
Registered
124 Posts
on teh binder, slim to none, removed doors,a nd some other good sheetmetal body parts.
on teh b2, removed front d28 for a d30( still ened to pick up radius arms and c bushing crap)

·
Registered
12,930 Posts
Progress

Nope. All I got done was some snow wheeling, and tree killing.

The snow was pretty miserable. Wet stuff over ice. I had to chain up. Even aired down I couldn't make any progress. My BIL had trouble at first, but once he aired his Swamper Radials down to about 15, they really did well. He carved right through the snow. I really have tire envy now!!!

·
Premium Member
5,012 Posts
lets see.....

NOT A DAMN THING

well, I take that back.. The Scout is now IN THE GARAGE:bounce::bounce2::bounce:

lately, that's a miracle and a 1/2 on its own.

I think Monday I was able to get by the old house and drag the truck and trailer to the new house and park it in front of the garage. There is sat, with no were to go till Thursday morning, after I got the honey do's done getting the house ready, I went into the garage and cleaned out "my" side, jacked up the front of the trailer, aired up the tires and Pushed the pig into its garage space...

less than an hour before guests arrived (family T-day at our place.. 19+ people), I had the trailer parked on the side of the house and the Scout in the garage... finally.

Now that T-day is over, and I take my finals today ( :rolleyes: ) I should be able to get the clutch R&R'd here in the next couple weeks...

Would have liked to have it for last Saturday... stalk, hunted and Killed our x-mas tree.... Scout would have made it much easier... so I drove the work flatbed :D... chained up it went farther than the Chevy 4x4 (with so-so tires) and my dad's AWD Astro van... but the trees were farther :mad:

Soooooon....

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
McDerry said:
on teh binder, slim to none, removed doors,a nd some other good sheetmetal body parts.
on teh b2, removed front d28 for a d30( still ened to pick up radius arms and c bushing crap)
You must be related to the Chief :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
350 is ready, 700r4 is ready, dana 300 is almost ready (finally pulled my spare twin sticks...just need to get em on) need to get axles, gears, spool and to figure out what i want in the front, gm calipers, ford rotors and the aa manufacturing brackets for rear disc and get the axles together...then it'll be install time.....

·
Registered
908 Posts
got the AGR box put in, still leaking PS fluid everywhere, well, more of a puking than a leaking... anyhow, need to put a new pump in there, thats the last place it can be coming from.

my front D60 should be here this week!! Im pretty excited:D

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
scoutkid said:
got the AGR box put in, still leaking PS fluid everywhere, well, more of a puking than a leaking... anyhow, need to put a new pump in there, thats the last place it can be coming from.

my front D60 should be here this week!! Im pretty excited:D
Hate to tell you this but it could still be the AGR product. Search on AGR.

·
Registered
908 Posts
don't feel TOO bad i didn't buy it new! In fact, it was bought new, guy thought it was too much for his stock tires, and it ended up in my hands. I would never pay full price for AGR, but it sure is a strong sumbitch. I figured for the money i would try it before i went hydro assist.

Im pretty damn sure its the old pump, cause the puking is coming from up high, and the box is staying way clean, no complaints on the box SO far, but i will let you guys know down the road.... Is there a trick way to tell when the pump is off the truck if it is good or not? Thats probably a stupid question but its late and im tired!!:flipoff2:

thanks for the input! i got it with the intention of keeping my eye on it ;)

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Wed and Friday Home Depot fawked around with me on getting the drywall for my shop - two trips to town in the Travelette and nothing to show for it thus far.. ;)

Friday I finally pulled the broken regulator and window out of Oscar.. now I can put it all back together with a good regulator and lots of white lithium.

Saturday I almost went out on a rescue mission.. some Bronco friends got 3 of 'em stuck up in the mountains (one broke down at 2pm, called for help, the other two went out.. didn't make it to the first before they called at 7pm..)

We sent some sleds up at 7pm to get the people, but I still got a call around 11pm (after getting up at 6 to hunt) to come fetch 'em if I could.

Tigger decided I needed the rest. The battery quickly went south before it would start.. my new jump box still wasn't enough to talk it into starting, so out came the jumper cables..

Until I heard an awful grinding ker-chunking sound.

I found this on Sunday..

I ended up pulling the inspection cover from the bellhousing to get the other chunks out.

New starter, new battery, and a new ground lead (found mine was about pulled out of the terminal on the engine.. that might be part of the no-start issues).

Started on the first turn of the key, even on 7cyl (I forgot to reconnect the LF plug wire after replacing the ground cable)

All better now, and my friends got out by themselves around 5am, with people and rigs.

Just finished my final and final project for school - finally a few weeks reprieve from homework.

Oh.. finally finished the trench from the house to the shop for the gasline. Woo-hoo.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Friday drove 100+ miles/each way to look at a parts Scout...passed but came home with a hardtop. Sunday worked on T90--T18 swap all day...all done, discovered I had installed clutch fork retainer bolt backwards, the nut hit on back of clutch at full pedal release. While pulling tranny, three of the studs unscrewed instead of the nuts...so I had to drain trans...accidentally dumping a big 90wt slick on the garage floor....

It's in the re-assembly stages now...

R:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Went wheelin with some j**p guys and spotted for Mike who drove all the way up from Alaba,a to get some rockcrawlin in.....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts