Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My VOICE... :eek:

I was doing the announcing on Saturday and got in quite a few interviews with drivers and gave out a lot of info over the loudspeakers and FM radio. I'd been nursing a sore throat all week and sometime in the late afternoon, my voice strarted crackin. By bedtime, it was awful and Sunday morning, I could hardly talk at all... :eek: Every time I opened my mouth, it sounded like someone stepped on a frog... :(

So I appologize for not being able to continue on Sunday. Smart-ass had to take over and I'm sure he did just fine.

I finally got the low range back ok today but high range is still not workin. I haven't had that happen since I was a kid, and that was a loooong time ago. :flipoff2:

It was a good time though. Tough courses, decent weather (for the desert), lots of good people and 'Smokin John's BBQ'. Got a kick out of watching the BF Goodrich 18 wheeler get stuck in the sand and the train of 1 Hummer, 1 Jeep (Cody I think) and I big diesel Ford truck, all linked together at the front of the big rig. They tried with the Hummer first. NO GO. Then the Jeep, hooked on to the Hummer, STILL NO GO. Then the big Ford (I think it was a Ford) hooked to the front of the Jeep... :eek: THEN the whole train started to move and they pulled him up to the gate. I hope someone got that on video. Make a great commercial for Ford trucks. :D:D

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
cowmooflage said:
I was wondering how that 18 wheeler got in there:D It was good to meet you Glenn and you did a good job on Sat.
Hey, same here Cowmooflage... :D Thanks for the kind words. :emb4: I met several folks from the BB that I had not met before. Couple guys came all the way from Texas to compete and they are on the BB too. They were driving the big Cherokee with full exo cage and all four doors missing. Unfortunately they broke something and were done on Sat... Oh yeah, they won a lifetime supply of Glitter from Camo and made some flame style design on their hood with the glitter. Cool.... Camo was there too. I gave him the mic and all he had to say was 'GET IT, SUCK IT!!! ' :D:D:D

I tell ya, these 'young' fellers have more energy. Those guys came in for checkin late Friday, dropped off the trailer and rig and headed out in their tow rig to Vegas. They got back just in time Sat to start the comp. Hope you guys had a good time. See ya in Reno next time... :flipoff2:

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Great job out there Glenn...yes, smart-ass, did a good job on Sunday, but I'll still vote for you in the announcer category any day!
As for those guys from Texas, they were really great..wish they would have had some better luck as they wouldof been a hell of a show on Sunday!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sorry for the early cut out my self, someone decided they wanted to walk across my generator and kick it, it died :(

I think i did ok... Need a lil more practice, being in a radio studio vs. Out in a crowd is a different feeling.

Hope to see everyone again in march in AZ! :flipoff2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts