Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i made a low profile gearbox x-member mount for my 1989 mk3, it'll give about 2 inches of extra clearance underneath, what do you think? i'll get some pics up of when i have it fitted to the truck.

just out of curiousity what have you done with yours? can you post some pics please.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Not bad, I framed mine out of 1" box tube then skinned it with 3/16" plate flat belly style.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Shipping from the states must suck....

The circular bottom of the rubber mount. Does it stick out past the bottom of the plate? If so weld a rig around the hole so you wont catch the bottom of the mount and tear the hell out of it on obstacles.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts

The circular bottom of the rubber mount. Does it stick out past the bottom of the plate? If so weld a rig around the hole so you wont catch the bottom of the mount and tear the hell out of it on obstacles.
maybe a low profile drain plug

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

thanks for the comments, where the circular hole is i double plated the steel so it's all flush, nothing sticks out which is good and i've got countersunk bolts for the centre mount holes also.

i've been making and selling these over here in the uk for £70 plus postage and i had some people from a south african site ask for total cost including postage, so to ship to the states it would cost approx $150 for the mount and the shipping combined.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts