Pirate 4x4 banner

781 - 800 of 982 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not the lowest TJ. But after the last rebuild. I was able to get a true 7.5" of uptravel and keep the 2.5" 14" coilovers under the hood. With 37's it's 21" at the bottom of the frame. Built it fit 40's. The front with PS highline fenders clears, but 40's rub in the rear.
Hoping to be close to your set up next to around what's your wheelbase at?

·
Mall Crawler
1,093 Posts
I sit about a half inch taller than Hurley's race rig above. All usable lift though with 6" of uptravel in the front and 7" of up travel in the rear.

For rally races I drop it down another inch or so, I'll try to get some of those pics up this summer at my next rallyX.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
I sit about a half inch taller than Hurley's race rig above. All usable lift though with 6" of uptravel in the front and 7" of up travel in the rear.

For rally races I drop it down another inch or so, I'll try to get some of those pics up this summer at my next rallyX.

Mall Crawler for the WIN!!!!

·
Registered
8,433 Posts

Your build thread on the NC4x4 forum gave me a few hours of entertainment.
Are you running 37s? Any thoughts on going larger?
:laughing:

·
Mall Crawler
1,093 Posts
Your build thread on the NC4x4 forum gave me a few hours of entertainment.
Are you running 37s? Any thoughts on going larger?
:laughing:
Possibly, the car is built to handle 40"s, but I would have to change the bumps to keep the tires out of the fenders. I like the idea of 39" or 37" stickies for East Coast racing since they are legal in some of the series I run.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not as low or cool as some of these jeeps, but it's getting there.
14.5" to the very bottom of the skid
19.25 to the bottom of the frame
24" to bottom of the body
75.5 to the top of the HT.
35" MTZ
DIY highline, 2.5" SL, 1"BL

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
Not as low or cool as some of these jeeps, but it's getting there.
14.5" to the very bottom of the skid
19.25 to the bottom of the frame
24" to bottom of the body
75.5 to the top of the HT.
35" MTZ
DIY highline, 2.5" SL, 1"BL
Damn, those wheels are expensive, especially when you have to change them for one ton bolt pattern.
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
No plans to upgrade axles.:p
Ask how many here "had no plans to upgrade"
The need to upgrade always sneaks up on you unless you never wheel anything different or don't strive to go farther etc.

No matter, that's what the used market is for.

781 - 800 of 982 Posts