Pirate 4x4 banner

801 - 820 of 844 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
24.5" belly/frame on 42's with 7" of uptravel in the front.

24.5"????? Jesus take the blocks out and try again:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
24.5"????? Jesus take the blocks out and try again:flipoff2:
Haha if I wanted less uptravel with the stock frame I would drop it 3" and clearance the frame. It's lower than when it was toy axles and 39.5's with 3" of uptravel. 24.5 is just fine on 42's haha

·
Registered
137 Posts
i forgot my photobucket login but its low like 20" frame height on street pressure at the front body mount and currently 18" frame height at the back of the cab i only have 2" of up travel on my air shocks in the rear right now usually there at 3 ish front has 5 1/2 on the shock uses like 5 ish the rear needs to be re worked i hate the air shocks and the length so i just used them as bump stops
Bull with a capital B

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Got any pics of the clearance between the oil pan and diff, linkage etc? I see the 7" of shock shaft but see no way to push the axle up 7" unless theres no motor or its pushed way back. Looks good!!:smokin:
There's definitely enough room. Pam sits right next to the diff and upper link mount has about 3/4" of clearance from the motor mount.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts

20" to the frame, 19" to the belly on 4ds. Got tired of building so I slapped some fenders on and have been enjoying for awhile..front end to match the rear coming soon

801 - 820 of 844 Posts