Pirate 4x4 banner

841 - 844 of 844 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm trying to get my rig as low as I can and instead of mounting my FRONT SPRING HANGER under my frame I've mounted it to the FRONT OF MY FRAME. This has presented a challenge as because I'm doing rear springs up front I need to introduce new frame tubes further forward of the stock shackle mounts. Has anyone else chose to go this route and did the same thing?

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
2002 tacoma, 21" frame height on 37s. FJ62 RUF with forward shackles, chopped front frame, air bumps and 3" of uptravel and down travel for days. Uptravel is limited by the steering hitting the oil pan.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I'm trying to get my rig as low as I can and instead of mounting my FRONT SPRING HANGER under my frame I've mounted it to the FRONT OF MY FRAME. This has presented a challenge as because I'm doing rear springs up front I need to introduce new frame tubes further forward of the stock shackle mounts. Has anyone else chose to go this route and did the same thing?
Check my build Blueberry Krunch

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead...

I have been using this thread for inspiration on dialing in my trail rig. To be street legal here we have a frame height limit of 26 inches in this weight class. Riding low isn't a big deal if you don't drive fast, but hunting camp is at least 60 trail miles from the road so I like to go quickly through sections that don't have game and driving fast is fun.

This setup also has to carry a ton of weight. Fuel, gear, tools, food, meat... so I am running 3/4 ton chevys in the rear and 7 leaf rears up front.

Frame height at the cross member is 26 inches, 39.5 TSLs. Uptravel is about 5 inches up front and 6 in the rear.

841 - 844 of 844 Posts