Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
WW2 Dodge combat rims you have there.

This project really has an authentic vintage look to it with those rims and axles. I really like it.
X2....love the build:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Been a bit busy, trying to get it out of the shop so its not taking up space, it ended up a bit lower than planned, O'well it looks cool at least, I'm thinking 1.5 or 2 inch lift springs will put me about where I want it. Well here's a few pics of where its at now, We got it all fired up and took it to a car show on saturday, figured some of the hotrod guys would appreciate it.

...and back home in the yard

the front tires don't rub on level ground even thought the look like it, probably 3/4 - 1" of clearence. But man o man is it a ride hitting bumps with no shocks. Anyways I'll do a more detailed post later about getting it to this point. can't load anymore pictures, the joys of living in the boonies. Thanks for the support and keeping up with me this far! still lots to go!

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
Still gonna raise the front fenders?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks guys! yeah Ive still got 2" of travel out of the front, just the little bit ive driven it its already tweaked the drivers fender a little bit, so I think i'm gonna move them up maybe 3 inches if it doesn't look to drastic.

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
Thanks guys! yeah Ive still got 2" of travel out of the front, just the little bit ive driven it its already tweaked the drivers fender a little bit, so I think i'm gonna move them up maybe 3 inches if it doesn't look to drastic.
Raised fenders look fine to me...

Edit: Picture of my lame flat fender removed to make 86chevyjoe happier...

·
Registered
528 Posts
You literally post a pic of your jeep wherever you can. Fucking ridiculous. It's a cool Jeep but you're wearing it out like a country song on the radio.

Hijack over
well... maybe its just because its a badass jeep?

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
You literally post a pic of your jeep wherever you can. Fucking ridiculous. It's a cool Jeep but you're wearing it out like a country song on the radio.

Hijack over
Oh.......so I post too many pictures of my flat fender....and probably spend too much time in this part of the board helping just about EVERYONE that asks. I have done everything from typing endless pages of research for members to advice to custom making one off parts for members to junkyard scrounging for strangers. Oh, then there is the runs we organize for members of this section.

Yet, till today, nobody complains about anything...other than not having another old jeep project.

You have TWO posts in this section. And have helped no one here. Come back in a few years after you have helped build up this section of the board into what it has become. We have a great community for old iron lovers! Then we can talk about my pictures.

P.S. I love how your quote posted the same picture again.....nice one.

Rant off. Sorry everyone.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
The more pics the better!

And I like the "low slung MB on M37 axles" its got that rat rod vibe, without looking like a ratrod with a bunch of crap bolted onto it.

nice job

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Oh.......so I post too many pictures of my flat fender....and probably spend too much time in this part of the board helping just about EVERYONE that asks. I have done everything from typing endless pages of research for members to advice to custom making one off parts for members to junkyard scrounging for strangers. Oh, then there is the runs we organize for members of this section.

Yet, till today, nobody complains about anything...other than not having another old jeep project.

You have TWO posts in this section. And have helped no one here. Come back in a few years after you have helped build up this section of the board into what it has become. We have a great community for old iron lovers! Then we can talk about my pictures.

P.S. I love how your quote posted the same picture again.....nice one.

Rant off. Sorry everyone.
Pm sent, don't want to clutter this guys thread up anymore than you already have.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You guys are funny, anywho, Yeah I I'm totally planning on doing a highline, still debating on how far up i should go, I have 2 1/2 inches marked on the hood now, just enough to ditch the Willys logo on the hood, just thinking if i could go maybe 3 or 3 1/2 that would probably keep the tire out of the fender until its really stuffed in there.

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
You guys are funny, anywho, Yeah I I'm totally planning on doing a highline, still debating on how far up i should go, I have 2 1/2 inches marked on the hood now, just enough to ditch the Willys logo on the hood, just thinking if i could go maybe 3 or 3 1/2 that would probably keep the tire out of the fender until its really stuffed in there.
I think the sheet metal work is a bit easier/logical if you bring the lower edge of the fender to the corner of the grill shell. On mine I think that raised the fender 2.75-3" total.

Don't forget that if you slide the back of the fender up the cowl flange it will push the front of the fender forward also. I had to move the grill forward 1.38-1.5" to prevent having to take a section out of the top of the fender. The hood was stretched to match.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah i think I'm going to go 3 inches, Haha I was more worried about the fenders moving outward when they were raised up on the grill, didn't even think about the cowl side. With where my steering box ended I can only get like a 1/2 inch with moving the grill forward, so I'm just going to take a section out of the top of the fender, It should work out fine. I think I can add that section onto the bottom to fill the gap for the step. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I'm really fn reluctant to post a pic. :laughing: I'm going for it, On full compression I was rubbing real bad and had to Mieserize my front fenders also, I did not want to stretch the front so I cut I think 1 3/8" out of the fender. What ever you end up raising the fender you may want to add to the bottom back of the fender to make up the difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
well... I'm terrible at keeping this updated, I've gotta sit down and write everything up, but did have it out over the fourth, took it to the dunes. I'll go into detail later, but i'm gonna leave this here. hehehe it definitely wasn't for speeding....

21 - 40 of 124 Posts