Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I swapped a cam in my silverado dd and it was pretty involved... I used a vinci high performance butt kicker cam
DUR @ .004" 272*/280*
DUR @ .050" 210*/218*
LIFT .551 / .551
LSA 114*

That was a great option for me because I wanted torque, yet still has great power winding on up to 6k... I also machined the heads to boost compression and did some mild porting on the heads.

Really think about this mod, because it would be in your best interest (and your wallet's) to beef everything up while your in there, ie: valve springs, lifters, pushrods, quality headgaskets, and new head bolts (must use new ones as they are torque to yield) I also upgraded to billet double roller timing chain and new oil pump to round it all out...

It gets pricey quick, but don't cut corners unless you want to do it twice! Don't ask me how I know...:shaking:

·
Registered
238 Posts
My compression ratio worked out to be around 10.5to1 as well... I'm running a gen4 5.3 with 243 heads, I machined .035" off them bringing cumbustion chamber size to around 60cc. With the flat top pistons in factory gen4 5.3l thy puts my compression pretty high... Runs like a bat out of hell. Spins my 295/70/17s at around 68mph if I stab it to the floor...

I'm still on factory fi, so tuning may be considerably different for you I'm guessing...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.