Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to hear from you guys that are running carbed ls motors. I have a stock lq9 fed by a 770 holley thru an edelbrock performer dual plane. I'm using the msd 6010.

It's a heavy ass truck, 90's chevy. 6.0, th400, np208, Dana 60, Corp 14, 4:56 gears and 37"s.

What are your guys experience with the gm hot cam. I'm looking to get closer to 475hp as I assume I'm right around the 400 mark right now. I only have luck finding cam swap feedback from the street car guys but I think my application is a little different. Sand dunes, trail riding, mud bogs, and occasional street duty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to gearsturnin, what was your final compression ratio? with my lq9 I should be at 10.5:1 if I'm not mistaken. I have the 317 heads.

oldman, you mentioned the rods and rod bolts. I thought the bottom ends on these were good for over 500hp? The rpm range you mentioned is what I am considering, I don't see myself revving over 6000rpm. thanks for your replies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.