Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a ls1 with over 450 horse in my 80 cj7 I wanted to know what radiator people are running. The best fit seems to be around 26X19 I want dual rows and a 1.25 or 1.50 tube. Just want to get the best cooling!!!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I have an aluminum Becool with a Spal electric fan set to come on at 195 in my 80 CJ7 with a LT1. Cools fine in the worst heat. The Becool brackets work well for mounting the fan also.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I ran a 1.5 aluminum rad on my LT1 and there notorius for overheating and had no overheating probs. Also ran a 160* thermostate, oyah make sure u set it up reverse flow, fukin jiffylube kids hooked up a coolant flush backwards on my and hydro locked my cylinders. Bastards how to pull every plug. Goodluck with yours though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
www.rondavisradiators.com

Ron Davis is the best around. Most expensive too. But you'll never have a problem. They can also do a double pass radiator if your really worried about it. I have one with the shroud and fan built in. Very nice unit.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm running a stock 4.0 radiator with my 6.0, along with a 160 degree thermostat and taurus fan. Generally lives around 180-185 degrees offroad. I've only run when it's 70-80 degrees though, we'll see what happens when summer gets here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts