Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a full build on my YJ. Anyways I am going to be running a corvette LS1 for a motor mated to a NV4500. As far as I know the only thing I need to do to the motor is switch the electronic TB to a mechanical cable one. I am unsure about wiring. Does anyone make a harness to adapt the Corvette Computer to the YJ also any other tips anybody else may have for this swap.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Painless wiring makes a harness for this swap. Issues will be: Speed sensor, fuelpump and gauge when swapped, temp sensor gauge. Other than this it should be pretty staight forward. Give Painless a call, they're always there to help.
Rather than let someone flash the PCM, I'd buy LS1 edit and make the changes myself. This way you can always make changes. Couple more bucks up front that will pay off later.
http://www.carputing.com/

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
You will probably need to swap the oil pans from the Corvette "wing" style to one from a truck or camaro (possibly). In doing that you may need to get a different oil pump pickup. Also, the corvette accessories are usually designed to be hung more to the sides of the engine so that they clear the hood on the actual car. These may poise a problem in a YJ. The fix for this is the accessory drive off a Camaro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts