Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a relatively new LS1 motor from Turn Key Engine supplies as well as an LS1 from a 1998 Camaro. The accessories on the Turnkey motor are similar to the Truck engine. My plan is to use the accessories (alternator, power steering pump, aircon waterpump etc) from the Turnkey engine on the Camaro block and visa versa. The problem is the pulley system on the Turnkey motor has a different offset from the motor (approximately 20mm further out) to the camaro motor. Ie. the crank pulleys have different offsets. the question is, can I simply remove both crank pulleys and swap them around with all the accessories or are the pulleys matched/balanced to a particular crank.

Any assistance will be appreciated

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
THIS link doesn't answer your question directly, but it's full of good information. I'd say as long as the displacement is the same you'd be safe switching them out. Might want to ask in the conversions section on www.ls1tech.com

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I recently acquired a relatively new LS1 motor from Turn Key Engine supplies as well as an LS1 from a 1998 Camaro. The accessories on the Turnkey motor are similar to the Truck engine. My plan is to use the accessories (alternator, power steering pump, aircon waterpump etc) from the Turnkey engine on the Camaro block and visa versa. The problem is the pulley system on the Turnkey motor has a different offset from the motor (approximately 20mm further out) to the camaro motor. Ie. the crank pulleys have different offsets. the question is, can I simply remove both crank pulleys and swap them around with all the accessories or are the pulleys matched/balanced to a particular crank.

Any assistance will be appreciated
Yes you can mix and match they are not match balanced to the crank. Just use which ever truck pulley with acc. on the LS1

Oh yeah remember to replace the crank pulley bolt as its a metric stretch bolt and is one time use.

Whats wrong with the turn key motor?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Florida4x4, I did post the question there but so far no response. Once again Pirate's rules.

Thanks for your input Bo185. There is nothing wrong with the Turnkey motor. In fact it goes like the hell and I am wanting to install that block in my landcruiser with the 4l80e from the Camaro. However the truck manufold is tall and may result clearance issue hence I want to swap that with the standard LS1 manufiold from the Camaro. In addition, the Camaro has all the accesories (ie aircon) that I want to install in the Cruiser, so it made sense to swap the accessories. The Camaro block is high milage so I will use that in my buggy.

Any comments/assistance/concerns I should be aware of will be greatly apprecaited.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts