Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
the stock optispark is located behind the water pump, and has a photo-optic sensor, and a metal dic the size of a half dollar, that has 180 slots cut in it, as you can imagine, a drop of water when dealing with precision optics taht small, acts like a lense, and screws it up. I ran an lt-1 for 3 ears all on the same distributor, you just need to get someone who knows what they are doing, to show you how to both seal and vent the distributor. Also, i think it was in either 95 or 96 that the distributor came facory sealed, what year engine are you looking for ( i wouldn't plan on being able to interchange the later model distributor) As for Frankie, I used to work for him, when we did the rear distributor conversion, and it is a cool option ( not available for the 93 intake manifold, b/c the fuel rails are different than the 94-97) it allows you to use the wiring harness from a tuned port, and use a small cap hei dist. only down side could be lead time, i know he outsources the machining and tig welding of your existing intake manifold, and that can some times take a while. Frankie's number is 256-413-8300 ( however long he tells you it will take, double it, and you shouldn't be disapointed, he he produces great quality, just not quickly)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts