Pirate 4x4 banner

Lt1 Rear Distributer Conversion

5K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  frankie fountain 
#1 ·
I HAVE JUST COMPLEATED LT1 REAR DISTRIBUTER CONVERSION ON A 94 LT1 ANY BODY INTRESTED. :confused: REAPERASM1

#5 ·
Frankie, nobody cares about your weak small block. Moving the distributor and and adding a super charger isnt going to change anything. If you would finish that 4-seater in your shop I would show you what another 100 or so cubic inches will do.
I have some pics of your motor I took last weekend and I will try and get them up.
Later, Dan
P.S. 120 deg. in the shop?

#7 ·
Adam said:
yes I would like to know!

Adam,
you have to have a new harnes . street and performace has mad one prototype for me and its doing good sofar you must have small cap 87 up distibuter and coil pack .87 tpi knock and water temp sensers and a 1227727 gm water proof computer .you must remove intake and machine ditributer hole then tig weld 1/4'' 15 degree spacer to intake and block off egr i tig welded mineup .there is a dumy oil pump drive that is just like the end of distributer .when the intake is modified corectly the distributer drops in. the lt1 is wired up like a 87 tpi but still uses lt 1 iac. trotle sesoer and air temp the rest thinks its 87 dan dibble has pics he said he will try to post i dont know huw to post pics HEY DAN YOU BETTER BUILD ONE FAT RAT CAUS I ANT GOIN DOWN BABY. :flipoff2:

#9 ·
well well well.............. Mr Dan Dibble, my "I'm too busy spicer-
connection buddy" finally has discovered POR................

hello Dan, this is Scott Massey, out in San Jose..... how goes

it?? I still need some stuff................

--Sherpa

#10 ·
Frankie, I am real interested in the swap as I have an LT-4 in my Jeep. What did you do with the Opti Spark and has is the front end of your motor setup? Did you have trouble with your Opti Spark? What was the impetus for your conversion? I've heard there are problems with Opti on steep slopes but I haven't experienced this yet. I do mostly rocks and sand so water and mud haven't been a problem yet.

I run an S&P wiring harness and a OBD1 setup of a 94 LT-1. I also have an a mechanical fan driven of the crank so that cooling isn’t a problem.

Here is my LT-4.

#11 ·
frankie fountain said:
you have to have a new harnes . street and performace has mad one prototype for me and its doing good sofar you must have small cap 87 up distibuter and coil pack .87 tpi knock and water temp sensers and a 1227727 gm water proof computer .you must remove intake and machine ditributer hole then tig weld 1/4'' 15 degree spacer to intake and block off egr i tig welded mineup .there is a dumy oil pump drive that is just like the end of distributer .when the intake is modified corectly the distributer drops in. the lt1 is wired up like a 87 tpi but still uses lt 1 iac. trotle sesoer and air temp the rest thinks its 87 dan dibble has pics he said he will try to post i dont know huw to post pics HEY DAN YOU BETTER BUILD ONE FAT RAT CAUS I ANT GOIN DOWN BABY. :flipoff2:
You could use a TPI harness also! A lot of guys over at www.thirdgen.com are swapping over to the LT1 intake on their TPI engines and putting the disty in the rear.....
Here is also an informative site on this conversion: http://www.lt1intake.com
:)

#12 ·
nobody20 said:
Frankie, I am real interested in the swap as I have an LT-4 in my Jeep. What did you do with the Opti Spark and has is the front end of your motor setup? Did you have trouble with your Opti Spark? What was the impetus for your conversion? I've heard there are problems with Opti on steep slopes but I haven't experienced this yet. I do mostly rocks and sand so water and mud haven't been a problem yet.

I run an S&P wiring harness and a OBD1 setup of a 94 LT-1. I also have an a mechanical fan driven of the crank so that cooling isn’t a problem.

Here is my LT-4.

LT4 IWONT ONE THATS A BAD MUTHA :D I RIDE I N A VERY WET INVIRMENT 95 DOWN LT1S HAVE OPEN VENT OPTI SPARK 96 UP LT1ANDLT4 HAS VENTED SEALED OPTISPARK SO YOUR PROBLY OK MY MOTOR IS STOCK WITH STOCK ACC. I INSTALLED A FREEZE TYPE PLUG WHERE OPTI WAS ORIGINALY WHEN I WENT THREW ASM TEST COURS WATER WAS DEEP AND THE OPTI SPARK GAVE UP EVERY TIME MAKING THE REAPER STRANDED OR LIMPING BACK TO SHOP .I LOST A ROCK CRAWLE BECAUSE OF OPTI SPARK MOTOR WOOD ONLY RUN AT W.O.T. ALSO MY OPTI SPARK WAS RETARDING MY TIMMING ABOUT 20 DEG. UNDER LOAD I HAVE SOME MOOR POWER WITH HEI DIST. BUT ITHINK THE OPTI SPARK WAS NEVER CORRECT MY LT1 HAS LOW OFF IDLE TORQE IM INSTALLING VORTECH V1 SUPER CHARGER THIS SHOOD HELP :smokin: I DONT BELEAV STEEP SLOPS WILL HAVE ANY AFFECT ON YOUR OPTISPARK SEE AUG PETERSON 02 PG 46 PUSH THE LIMIT HEY DAN DIBBLE YOUR RAT GOT ATE BY THE CAT:flipoff2:

#13 ·
Krylon.. said:

You could use a TPI harness also! A lot of guys over at www.thirdgen.com are swapping over to the LT1 intake on their TPI engines and putting the disty in the rear.....
Here is also an informative site on this conversion: http://www.lt1intake.com
:)
YES YOU CAN BUT THE FACTORY IAC.THROTLE POS. ARE DIFFRENT PLUGS ON LT1 I AM WORKING WITH STREET AND PERFORMANC TO CUSTOM TAYLOR THIS HARNESS TO FIT CORRECTLY TPI HARNSS IS SHORT AND OVER THE CENTER OF INTAKE LT1INTAKE.COM IS AVERY GOOD TECH FOR THIS CONVERSION THANKS FOR YOUR INFO ;)

#16 · (Edited)
Hobsdaddy said:
You should have used XTV's rear mounted dist. kit for LT1's...very well engineered. I saw one sitting right next to the solid axle Isuzu Trooper bay of the shop. :flipoff2:
show us pics. by the way you dave seem to be buddys lots of peaple looking for him tell how to find him.;)

#17 · (Edited)
Lt1Cj7 said:
"I also have an a mechanical fan driven of the crank so that cooling isn’t a problem"

frankie fountain, What was involved in doing this, I am currently have heating problems with my 95 lt1, even with the $$$ becool radiator!
jbconversions has a kit for lt1 belt drive fan.im working on prices contact frankies offroad 205-594-5098 the lt-1 is revers cooled and both hoses are at the top of water pump wich makes it is hard to purge system do you have bleed valve at water neck if so run motor and presurerise system with garden hose then open bleed valve purge air then close valve wate for thermastat to open then fill radiater is your fan going the correct direction?

#18 ·
Yeah, my fan setup was john white's (jbconversions) prototype. Its a CNC machined aluminum front plate similar to what lt-1 impalas used only the fan is centered and not offset as it is in the impalas. I am supposed to own the CNC code for the machining, guess John has forgotten that! That was a picture of my Jeep they used to show the fan setup in 4-Wheel & Off Road mag this summer.

#20 ·
Hobsdaddy said:
You should have used XTV's rear mounted dist. kit for LT1's...very well engineered. I saw one sitting right next to the solid axle Isuzu Trooper bay of the shop. :flipoff2:
i just figured out who you are your so funny hows your bumper doin tell blondie bring me my axle and nobody will get hurt:smokin:

#21 ·
i just figured out who you are your so funny hows your bumper doin tell blondie bring me my axle and nobody will get hurt
bumper is doing fine...despite all the gaps you left in it :flipoff2: just kidding.

Reaper looks good tearing it up in the magazine, I need to come check out the shop someday.

Blondie is on here too, he wants to give you back the dana 60 so he can stop living his life in fear and sleep at night...haha.

#22 ·
Hobsdaddy said:

Reaper looks good tearing it up in the magazine, I need to come check out the shop someday.

Is that your rig in the Latest 4x4 rag..the Reaper? That is a cool ass mud truck!

You ever take it on the rocks? Looks like it would kick ass.

Welcome Newbie :flipoff2:

#24 ·
wngrog said:

Is that your rig in the Latest 4x4 rag..the Reaper? That is a cool ass mud truck!

You ever take it on the rocks? Looks like it would kick ass.

Welcome Newbie :flipoff2:
yes thats my reaper asm1 yes i take it on the rocks and loose steep dirt hills it was built for all obsticals the mud is one of theme and lots of steep creek banks i have a supercharger on the way it shood help me with moor torqe in the big rocks.i'm building a four seat asm2 for dan dibble rat motor 400.turbo,atlas3,2.5ton rockwells 4wheel steer 44cut boggers and coil overs revers 4 link .:usa: as soon as dans leaves we are starting for customers asm3and asm4 both will be 2seaters.im going to sale mine :confused: and then buid a new chasie hopfuly asm5.:) thanks for your intrest

#26 ·
Frankie, what is an Atlas 3? Didn't know AA had anything other than Atlas II.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.