Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really considering doing this for my P38 RR.

I've been looking at the cases, i think it could be clocked to work with my left side axle differentials.

I'd really love to have the ability to lock in the center diff and have the ability to change the gear ratios in the case instead of the axles.

I got my tow bar stuck on a boulder with my rear tires dangling in the air. the front axle wouldn't pull me forward even though both wheels were planted firmly on the ground.:shaking: i wouldn't have had to stack a few rocks to get out. and besides, i wouldn't have to worry about the viscous coupler dying.

i'm planning on adding some sort of locker, ARB or Detroit eventually.

·
Extended Member
7,864 Posts
wont work. looking at it will show you that.

Again, you have the wrong truck. the best you can and should do is to make sure the abs/traction control is working as well as it can.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Not really suitable for your P38, but if anyone was considering adapting an LT230 to some US domestic rigs with left hand off set diffs, and was prepared to lose the parking brake, it is possible to mount the transfercase back to front and feed power in through the PTO aperture.The LT230 is equaly strong and bearings arranged to handle thrust in either direction.
AG.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Bill, some Icelandic guys used the pto for input drive via a modded MD hyd pto with motor mounted instead of pump and a engine mounted hyd pump. Very low ratio and smooth drive.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Bill, some Icelandic guys used the pto for input drive via a modded MD hyd pto with motor mounted instead of pump and a engine mounted hyd pump. Very low ratio and smooth drive.
Yes Serg, the old LT230s are versatile.And the Hydraulic crawler arrangement can still be fitted to a flipped t/case.
AG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts