Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I picked up some American Racing AR23's off a friend of mine this winter for cheap, in my continuous search for bling-ness. Now that the snow is melting I want to get them installed.

Only problem is he lost the lugnuts. He can't seem to find them. AR doesn't offer this wheel anymore and I can't see them having the lugnuts either if they canned the wheel. The lugs are specific to rovers, no one else uses that big of a stud...

They are lug centric nuts, the ones that have a barrel on them and then a flat washer on the end. Kinda like the stock alloy wheel lugs but with a smaller diameter barrel.

WTF do I do? Anyone have a set of these that they'll sell? Am I gonna have to machine these out to fit stock lug nuts? That's a lot of work for bling.

I know this is :rainbow: tech but I refuse to go to discoweb. If you guys help me out I promise to show some pics of the fender hacking I've been doing...

J-L

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Given the choice between turning the lugs down to fit the wheel or boring the wheel to fit the lug, I think I'd turn the lug down if it doesn't threaten the integrity of the nut.

It tends to be easier to chuck the nut and turn the OD than locate the hole and bore the ID of the wheel. Also, if something goes awry, lug nuts are cheaper than wheels.

Bling, Bling!

Paul:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turning lug nuts?

They are hardened usually.

However this might work, perhaps if I turn down a portion of steel lugs to center the wheel, the other portion could remain and allow me to remove them. Hmm...

J-L

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Use a carbide bit, you shouldn't have any problem turning the nuts. I have found that quite often, the better grade of fastener, the easier turning. Grade eight hardware machines like butter, in spite of what the guy behind the counter says.

Peace,
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I would give Alan Dobbs a call at www.gulfcoastrovers.com. He is pretty much the inside guy for AR stuff, and may be able to source what you need.

Billster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts