Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a spair on my trailer, but not sure what the bolt pattern is it is a 5 lug.i know that a toyota is 6 on 5 1/2 but not sure what that realy means except that its 6 lug.how do i get the pattern for my trailer so i can go to the right junk yard to get a spair? or what car / truck has the same rim as a 5 lug trailer? thanx

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
your trailer is probably 5 on 4.5 could be 5 on 5 though.

measure from the outside of a stud going in a circle skip a stud and measure to the center of that one.

i'm confused when i read what i wrote,but thats the only way i can think of to splain it.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
larryboy said:
your trailer is probably 5 on 4.5 could be 5 on 5 though.

measure from the outside of a stud going in a circle skip a stud and measure to the center of that one.

i'm confused when i read what i wrote,but thats the only way i can think of to splain it.
so measure in a circle to the second stud not the first:confused:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Captain Crunch said:
If its 5lug then its 5 on 4 1/2
Hmmm, my 18 foot car hauler is 5 on 5. Just got a new wheel for the spare.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Captain Crunch said:
If its 5lug then its 5 on 4 1/2
Ha, good one! You are in Denver, he is in Sac, and you can tell what his bolt pattern is. Who are you really? Miss CLEO:confused: Just because it is a 5 bolt does not mean it is a 4.5" pattern.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
toy 4 rox said:
mine are 4 1/2, aren't jeeps 4 1/2? i need a spair.if not any others use this pattern? i need to know what yard to call

Right, some Jeeps are 4 1/2 but I am not sure which ones (not the CJs, they are the same as Ford-5 on 5 1/2) I think the Rangers are 4 1/2 Maybe someone will clear this up for us.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
guys....mine is 5 on 4-3/4 circle....ODD size, yes.....but that's what it is....I carry two spare rims and finding them was a bitch.

You measure from the center of one stud to the outside edge of the stud, 2 away...exactly per that link above.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
woody said:
guys....mine is 5 on 4-3/4 circle....ODD size, yes.....but that's what it is....I carry two spare rims and finding them was a bitch.

You measure from the center of one stud to the outside edge of the stud, 2 away...exactly per that link above.
Ford and Dodge cars are 5x4.5"
Chevy cars are 5x4.75"
5x4.5"s is the most common small trailer pattern, but YMMV. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts