Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to remove one of those lock lugnuts without the correct adapter? I know the socket one but thought someone may have a better idea of something else ie. special auto store bought tool to remove that S**t!

Thanks In Advance

·
Registered
29,224 Posts
they make a special socket just to take those off. It has kinda spirals on the inside that gradually get smaller.

You should be able to get it at CarQuest or PepBoys or somthin. They aren't cheap though.

Or, you can just beat the shit out of a socket on there, but you may not get it off, not a cheap alterative.

·
Registered
216 Posts
weld a cheap scoket on.
We always weld on an old bold, or just the head of a bigger bold so we wouldn't lose a socket. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
depending on the size of the wheel etc...I have been able to use REAL VICE GRIPS and a few hammer taps to remove them.

The cheaper/softer those locking lug nuts are the easier it is.

I have also been able to grind harder ones making a couple of flat areas to grip and then turn them off.

HTH

MJ

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
use a scoket, it works real well. hell if it is a life time warrenty socket then you have nothing to loose.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I caled around about the correct tools at auto shops and no one had anything. I know of the gator socket but I've got plenty of sockets to use and abuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts