Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Did you take the shims out of the sides of the carrier?
The spider shims? I dont think anything is in there, just the locker parts. Maybe i did miss those if the gear oil was holding them in. Will check that first, i think i have to remove the carrier and ring gear to get the cross pin out.....the d30 ones you dont have to...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well, there wasnt any extra parts, no hidden shims, thought i could buy new pins and use less springs or something but these pin holes are wallowed out, so its toast. These guys must have went out of business, add shows on ebay yet but you cant buy one (says seller cant accept payments right now), and amazon says unavailable (got it on amazon)

Just ordered the spartan, will see what happens with that one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, there wasnt any extra parts, no hidden shims, thought i could buy new pins and use less springs or something but these pin holes are wallowed out, so its toast. These guys must have went out of business, add shows on ebay yet but you cant buy one (says seller cant accept payments right now), and amazon says unavailable (got it on amazon)

Just ordered the spartan, will see what happens with that one.

Been running the Spartan for years now. Works great.

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,964 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get rid of that locker. Buy a better locker than a lunchbox. I just blew up a lock rite and it took out the carrier and the axle splines. Spend an extra $200 and get something better.

$250 for a spartan locker and you already blew one up on the street. So you’ve spent $450-500 on your Dana 44 lockers? A brand new Detroit locker is $500. A Yukon grizzly is about $700. So eventually you’ll have spent enough to have bought a better locker to start with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
just got the spartan installed, working great. Im sending the malfunctioning one back to amazon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good for you!

IMHO, the lunchbox locker is the best bang-for-the-buck going. It has provided many folks like me with the ability to install it under the shade tree and yet make a giant difference in off-road ability.

Not bad for 300 bucks or so.

I love the Aussie I installed in my TJ years ago. Still going strong.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ran Spartans in my 8.25 with 32s, and d30 before I blew up the d30 ring gear with 37s.

Ran them both for about a year until I upgraded. Sold both of them and now their running in my buddies xj.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

21 - 35 of 35 Posts