Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i understand that, but im sayin if i got the front bed panel, the bed floor, and the bed sides, it would work? im kinda worried about mainly how the bed floor mounts to the frame, like if they made a different style frame from the stepsides than the fleetsides.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Completely different beast. The stepside beds bolt straight through the floor of the bed with carrier bolts. I doubt the frames are different though.

I second the eww on a longbed stepside. Might want to reconsider that.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I did a bed swap on an earlier body style (60-66). Fleetside to stepside... 8 footer too! The bed was from a 59, bolted right on to my 63! Left the steps off, better for 4 wheelin only bent fenders after that, not the whole friggin bedside! See my avatar on GMfullsize.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont know how a long box step side is going to look ? it may look all wrong but who knows it may turn out sweet ! post up some pics when its done !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ugly? maybe. pointless? maybe. waste of money? maybe. unique? deffinatly. Keep in mind its only a 2wd. Besides my leaf sprung cherokee it'll be my first "highway queen".

·
Registered
323 Posts
i put one on a 79' long bed that i had a 472 caddy in, it didn't look as bad as everyone is saying it will.You will probably like it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts