Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 1216 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting started on a new build here at the shop.
53" 2 seat chassis with Big block and Deuce and 1/2's

CIMG0415.jpg

CIMG0416.jpg

CIMG0417.jpg

CIMG0418.jpg

·
HARDliner
2,110 Posts
Thanks Jess. The motor is a 427 Tall Deck Pulled from a 1973 C60 Truck. I have a propane kit on it from Got Propane. It will be torn down, cleaned and painted before the final install. I just put all the accessories on it so PJ could mock the chassis up accurately.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Andy is going to have one nice, and comfy buggy when it is done. Glad to help on the marriage save. :) The shop is located in Mocksville, one hour north of Charlotte, NC.. thanks PJ

·
HARDliner
2,110 Posts
The only things left FJ40 will be the hood, bib, and side panels with the stock kick vents. I already have a 1977 FJ40 that is all FJ (even the stock S6 Engine), so I thought I could take some license with this one.

And Tisdale is right, marriage saved....till the next project :p

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Thanks Jess. The motor is a 427 Tall Deck Pulled from a 1973 C60 Truck. I have a propane kit on it from Got Propane. It will be torn down, cleaned and painted before the final install. I just put all the accessories on it so PJ could mock the chassis up accurately.
Anything special done to the motor? Or pretty much left it stock?

I like the build. Nice work.

·
HARDliner
2,110 Posts
Stock for the most part. High volume oil pump, aluminum single plane intake, propane, and headers. Since it is the truck version it already has a forged crank, 4 rings on the pistons, and a low grunt cam. The motor is built for longevity and low end torque, so it really fits my purpose in mostly stock form.

1 - 20 of 1216 Posts