Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 526 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#13 Is going to be a Turn Key tj front clipped 4 seater with all the goodies.
Ls engine,auto,atlas,tons,42's.

CIMG1076.jpg

CIMG1077.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rear 14 bolt truss

Got the rear truss done. I will be selling these as a DIY kit. These are a nice way to tie in upper link mounts, and strengthen the axle.

CIMG1107.jpg

CIMG1106.jpg

CIMG1105.jpg

CIMG1104.jpg

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Looks great as usual. Cool to see some different front clips on your chassis.

If you want to strengthen up a 14 bolt, truss it behind the axle. When mine bent, it bent forwards, not upwards.

Run a tube across the back from brake flange to brake flange, weld it to the cover, and use some internal tube clamps to facilitate removing the cover. Fill in with plate from the back brace to the axle tube.

Nothing wrong with your truss, it's a great piece. Just adding some input based on my own experience.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Rear truss

Crap........so now my axle is going to bend already?:flipoff2:

Kidding man that's a good thought but I am more than confident in the stuff that PJ is building and IF it bends I have another 14b we can beef up even more.

Looking great PJ! Keep up the good work man. See ya sunday!

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bending

Thanks guys.. You are right they do tend to bend both upward and front to back. We have most of the up and down covered. However They tend to bend from the welded link mount out to the end of the axle when front to back so we put gussets between the link mounts and the end of the axle on the front face. This is not as strong as you are talking about but it is a lot less to get caught on rocks and strengthens that area up. It always comes down to strength vs weight vs clearance. Finding a happy medium that will work well is the hard part...Thanks for the input. Besides the part that bends needs to be cut off for rear steer anyways..:)LOL

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Rear steer??

Wow thanks PJ! Thats what I call a hell of a nice guy right there.......ya know with throwing in rear steer for free!:smokin:

Maybe down the road but man but not right now. I know it's hard to find that happy medium but think you will do so without issue. I hear what you are saying Chris but this is not going to be a comp rig and feel that it will hold up with the way it's being built. If it doesn't then I may look into something even stronger. Thank you though for the input! The more the better.

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 20 of 526 Posts