Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my IH has nickel and dimed me to death I got sick of it just sitting in the back yard so I scabed all the parts i wanted to keep off of it

D44 flat tops D60 rear 345 T19 widebox and divorced NP205 plow and all the lights and toys

and now I need a new truck want a diesel and was thinking of getting a cucv hanging the plow on it and running it. its goina be my work truck plowing hauling shit to the dump some towing

im thinking about picking one or more up at auction. and just wanted to hear you guys have to say about them and show off your ride

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
the 6.2 diesel engine is about as gutless as they get. however it will do its job (slowly) and even get you close to 20 mpg in the process, just don't expect a hotrod.

EDIT:eek:h, and my 6.2 experience was in a C10, not a K30. I don't think the army's version was any different.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im goin on my 4th year in the army with 14 monts in the sandbox and ive driven about everything on wheels (88M) so im aware of the gutlessness and the abuse most have recieved

Im thinkin about the blazer for just a cruser/parts runner because of the weak axles and 308 gears and good mileage but using the truck for general "farm work" and putting like a 4" lift

Id like to keep it budget built no wild turbo setups or any thing extreeme but like dual straights and keep it relaible

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi I have a M1028. The same as the 1008 but with a D60 up front.
Its a '86 with 6,2 diesel, Th400 Np208.
It have the military 4.56 gears.
This vehicle is not a race-car, but can haul, carry or plow almost everything :- )

I use it in Trai-competition in Norway, where I live.
With that running rear, I only needed a 4 insh spring lift, 2" bodylift and finaly some 39x16x16 BajaClaw tires.
Awasome rig..... ;-)

Trond
Norway

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've got an '85 CUCV m1008 pick-up. D60, 14 bolt. Trying to build it up right now. This thing is built like a tank. Most major bolts, are rivets, and with mine, I've had to cut most of them out in order to get said component off the truck. The 6.2 isn't fast at all, but with the stock combo it can pull anything!

Dean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts