Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at some DRMO M1008's mainly for the axles but have no clue what I should max my bid at :laughing: seriously the description does not say "does not run" but does say "comes with batteries and keys"
From driving the fuckers at work I know they are a "tad" bit underpowered. Is it worth it to say just fucking drive it for a bit and see what kind of power I can get out of the pig or just get it for the axles/trans/t-case?

oh ya and what the fuck should I bid? I was thinking like 1k ish

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just got out of the grunts and had a buddy get one that ran for 800 and he drove it up on the trailer, so a G sounds a bit high for one that dosen't run

·
Vendor
1,408 Posts
If it runs and drives they generally go for more than $2K.

The axles are worth more than $1K. Seriously, the 60 alone with 4.56's is worth at least that. Then the detroit locked rear adds more ($400?) to the value.

Nothing else on the truck is really worth anything (the TH400 might be worth a little), so decide on how much its worth to you.

I would bet that someone actually wants it as a running vehicle and outbid you.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got out of the grunts and had a buddy get one that ran for 800 and he drove it up on the trailer, so a G sounds a bit high for one that dosen't run
I am also taking in the value of frnt and rear axle, tranny, possibly t-case and the fact it is right up the road for pickup :laughing:

shit, a 60 front is going to cost me 8 delivered as there are none around here :(

·
Registered
553 Posts
I just bought one for just shy of 1k after everything is said and done. Picked it up and had no brake proportioning valve and only one battery.

Turns out the IP fuses were bad, replaced all the fuses, new filters and oil, topped off all fluids, got the front and rear drained and refilled, and she purrs like a kitten now.

So just because it doesn't run now, dosen't mean it will be difficult getting it to.

It really all depends on the area of the country your in, and how much they usually go for.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I understand that the parts are well worth it, however the DRMO people I have encountered really don't know nor care what the parts are worth they are not selling them to make a profit. The are selling them because the trucks are no longer needed.

I mean if you want to give them a G for it then by all means, I'm just telling you that I had a friend that bought the same truck that ran from Lejeune for 800.00 and drove it on the trailer, thats all.

Norfolk may be different in how the DRMO people handle things, just telling you from my experence what I've seen

Good luck either way

Kyle

·
Registered
156 Posts
And just to kinda throw salt in the wound I got a 14 bolt and Dana 60 outta a one ton 78 chevy for 150 bucks.

The guy was just going to junk them and I seen'em sittin on the side of his house and pulled in offered him 150 cash and he almost fell over that I would offer him so much.

Gotta love the ones that just fall in your lap

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Looking at some DRMO M1008's mainly for the axles but have no clue what I should max my bid at :laughing: seriously the description does not say "does not run" but does say "comes with batteries and keys"
From driving the fuckers at work I know they are a "tad" bit underpowered. Is it worth it to say just fucking drive it for a bit and see what kind of power I can get out of the pig or just get it for the axles/trans/t-case?

oh ya and what the fuck should I bid? I was thinking like 1k ish

Thanks
I always get teh gigglez when chit chatters come to tech. Every single one of their questions should be asked in noob.

·
Registered
496 Posts
why are you asking? do the work urself

what do you want the truck for? you got to know that first

then if only for parts add up how much they are if u get urself

then add up how much it would save you to buy the cucv and either (A)make it run yourself.

then look at the difference.

Simple

·
Registered
76 Posts
I understand that the parts are well worth it, however the DRMO people I have encountered really don't know nor care what the parts are worth they are not selling them to make a profit. The are selling them because the trucks are no longer needed.

I mean if you want to give them a G for it then by all means, I'm just telling you that I had a friend that bought the same truck that ran from Lejeune for 800.00 and drove it on the trailer, thats all.

Norfolk may be different in how the DRMO people handle things, just telling you from my experence what I've seen

Good luck either way

Kyle

FYI you aren't buying from DRMO, the public buys throught Government Liquidation LLC ( its a firm wholely owned in the Netherlands, hows that about a slap in the face)

They can be @#[email protected] to deal with, all depends on whom you talk to. m1008's are worth $3K in decent running shape. you must remember most people bidding on those trucks want it in part due to the military history and that ups the value.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts