Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another thread talking about getting one of these but they were stupid expensive without 9AH now they have 9AH + free fuel impact!

https://www.ohiopowertool.com/p-16409-milwaukee-m18-fuel-super-hawg-right-angle-drill-w-quik-lok-90-ah-kit-2711-22hd.aspx

You can get the non-"super" version for around $80 less iirc.

My concern is the "quik-lok".

"QUIK-LOK™ Chuck: For keyless, one-handed bit changes. Accepts most 7/16" hex shank or 3-flats shank bits"

I'm not too sure if it will fit the "3-flat shanks" of the hole-saw notcher??? Would it be as simple as making those smaller so they fit in the quik-lok?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I have no idea but please post your findings

Not a terrible deal with the 2763. But lots of places are dumping the 2763's it seems. I'm guessing a Gen2 is on the horizon for these big impacts - - not that it matters, they still kick ass.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Not a terrible deal with the 2763. But lots of places are dumping the 2763's it seems. I'm guessing a Gen2 is on the horizon for these big impacts - - not that it matters, they still kick ass.

Def. won't work for hole saw arbor or a hole saw notcher :(

That super hawgh is hugeeeeeeee.

Oh and by the way the sale add states it comes with 2 9ah batteries :smokin::eek: really wish I had a need other than a notcher!

Normal Hawg kit comes with 2x 9AH too but no impact, another 5ah battery.
https://www.ohiopowertool.com/p-16408-milwaukee-m18-fuel-cordless-hole-hawg-right-angle-drill-kit-w-quik-lok-90-ah-kit-2708-22hd.aspx

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Def. won't work for hole saw arbor or a hole saw notcher :(
The arbor that came with my big hawg bits works with normal hole saws as well.

I have a couple extensions with the quick lock and it works well, I would be fine with getting rid of the normal chuck on my hawg for the quick lock.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The arbor that came with my big hawg bits works with normal hole saws as well.

I have a couple extensions with the quick lock and it works well, I would be fine with getting rid of the normal chuck on my hawg for the quick lock.
adapters are a great idea actually :smokin:

If the hole saw arbor is the correct size and keyed it would work in quick-lock, but that doesn't mean the hole-saw notcher would fit (its way too large) but an adapter should work just fine.

Now the question is would the SuperHawg or Hawg work best for slow turning hole saws / notching... The Super is a 2 speed I read, tim eto go back and read specs again and find out which it is

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Super = 0-350 rpm (speed 1) speed2 goes up to 950.

I'd imagine the 0-350 would be appropriate for hole-saw in steel / tube / notcher.

The normal Hawg does 0-1250 but trigger control only.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Do you need a large cordless drill often enough to make it worth while? I can find corded hole hawgs for around 250$ new.

For a plumber doing new construction work I could maybe see it being worth while although you would still need a generator to charge batterys.

I would have a hard time buying a cordless hawg to run a notcher, if you have other uses then maybe I can see it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you do,I am a plumbing contractor, it’s a BAD MOTHER FUCKER!!!! you had better have a hold of it before you pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
get a corded one used for a hundred bucks
it'll outlive you ten times over

well, it'll tear your arms off ten times over, but you get the point
I don't use mine much since I got the mag drill, but it still sees some use. Added bonus to the old ones is they take 3/4" gas pipe for the side handle. Stick a 3' section on there and set your feet real wide on the ground, it takes some of the pain outta using it.

·
Registered
69 Posts

2767/2863 are the new hotness

1 - 10 of 10 Posts