Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this in here because it seems like the best place to put it. What do you guys think of this swap? it makes about 100hp more and weighs a few hundred pounds less than the hercules motor that is in it.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I second the steelsoldiers recommendation. Theres a guy over by the name of Hot Rod Deuce that has done it. search over there for his threads.

I think the 6BT is a great choice since its originally designed to be a "medium duty" engine and you can easily bump up the HP and torque.

Just watch the brakes since the originals are a single circuit design.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I had no idea that they were single circuit. That is scary on such a large truck. I imagine you could adapt something else to them though.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Find Spicergear on Steel Soldiers. He is adapting a medium-duty hydroboost to his UberDeuce. Tell him I sent ya. :D

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wow, I had no idea that they were single circuit. That is scary on such a large truck. I imagine you could adapt something else to them though.

The later ones (80's maybe?) that the Air Force used were modified with dual master cylinders/air packs so they had a split brake system. On steelsoldiers there is a tech manual or bulletin under the resources section that shows how to do this on any M35A2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts