Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a M715 with stock suspension. The thing is so stiff it will only flex if I'm carrying a ton of stuff in the bed. I've been told I could remove some leafs but I don't want to lose much load carrying capacity. Could I remove a couple of leafs and add air shocks? Would air shocks limit articulation?
Thank you.
Mikel

1969 Jeep M715

·
Registered
201 Posts
Aren't they sprung over in the rear stock?

My brother is building one now. He inverted the shackles to drop instead of the rise style (like Chevy or Ford) in the rear. Then removed every other leaf spring and added a strip of .100" poly between each leaf.
In the front he went SOA and did the sme with the leafs.
He is running 40" TSLs up front and 40" boggers out back. I can't really say how it flexis because he is still working on the dual Tcases and hasn't got driveshafts yet but soon......
It is a lot softer obviously. I can jump on the rear bumper and it moves now. It didn't move at all with 3 people jumping in the rear befor. Funny thing about 1.25 ton trucks.

·
Registered
32,454 Posts
moveaside said:
Got pics? You need a red star to post them.

You only need one to upload to the pirat4x4.com server :rolleyes: Looks like Mikel figured that out though ;)

Good looking 715, I'd start by pulling the bottom leafs as has been suggested. Unfortunatley stiff packs carry lots of weight, and light packs don't. You kinda have to find a happy medium

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.