Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else mated up a 231 crawl box(Madrooster or DDmachine) to a Atlas II? I got mine mated up today in my TJ buggy and for the shifters on the Atlas to clear the crawl box I had to rotate the Atlas 20 Degrees up(drivers drop). Now my drive shaft angle is gonna suck and it looks like I will have to interference problems with the exhaust manifold.

I was thinking of redrilling the bolt pattern on the back of my tranny and rotating the crawl box and Atlas down so the Atlas is near flat. Anybody got any input? I searched all the old 231 crawl threads and no one I could find is using a Atlas drivers drop behind a 231 crawl...

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
First I have heard of anyone using a 231 crawl box in front of anything other than a D300. Do you have a link to the build?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i literally just went through this this weekend but i didnt use an atlas i used a d 300. i flipped my entire setup crawl box and the d 300. the crawl box is in the way of your cat so you will have to extend that bracket. you have gently smash your tub lol. also i went the super cheapo way and bought the novak conversions shifter cause that works flipped to you have to play around with teh linkage for clearance, and cut a hole on the right side of your tranny tunnel. i clocked mine almost flat and i am good. only drilled out two holes. for d shafts i am using a tj front shaft in the rear and front or if you search there is a thread called drive shaft 101 and he shows you how to make double cardon rear shafts out of front explorer shafts. thats about all i can give you. i am thinking about doing a write up i dont have action shots but i can post a whole bunch of finished stuff.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
i literally just went through this this weekend but i didnt use an atlas i used a d 300. i flipped my entire setup crawl box and the d 300. the crawl box is in the way of your cat so you will have to extend that bracket. you have gently smash your tub lol. also i went the super cheapo way and bought the novak conversions shifter cause that works flipped to you have to play around with teh linkage for clearance, and cut a hole on the right side of your tranny tunnel. i clocked mine almost flat and i am good. only drilled out two holes. for d shafts i am using a tj front shaft in the rear and front or if you search there is a thread called drive shaft 101 and he shows you how to make double cardon rear shafts out of front explorer shafts. thats about all i can give you. i am thinking about doing a write up i dont have action shots but i can post a whole bunch of finished stuff.

Please do. Start up a thread. They are really helpful. I have all of the parts gathered except the D.D. machine kit.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
yea all i did was flip it plugged the vent tube hole. for a vent line a have the box for rocks and on the back there are three holes the bottom has a fitting with a hose running up to a t fitting and i have a sight/vent tube that runs all the way up to my engine bay. also one last note there is a sensor that when you flip it will all pour out of if you don't plug the sensor back in before you fill it. now you will need to drill the tranny because your flipping it and the holes will no longer line up because other wise it would just bolt up normally if not flipped. its not that hard if you have a torch and are good with it you can elongate em that way. ill post pics and do a write as soon as i can get my hands on my g/f's camera.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts