Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below are pics of the bed off of the F-800 I bought. It's 24' long overall. What do you guys think? make it into a goose and ebay the fawker, or just scrap it? I'm also gonsidering the possibility of cutting the dovetail off and putting it on my flatbed, but I don't know if I want to tackle that kind of fab work. I'll probably just have a fab shop build the dove tail for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Gooseneck it. Thats alot of work and metal to just scrap and it looks prety well made.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Pull it off and sell it as is. If you were around here I would grab that in a heartbeat, I am sure someone would be intrested in it for a few hundred bucks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sell it as is. Unless your going to make use of a goose that small it's not going to be worth your time / money to build it. unless you have everything laying around and the time to make it happen...

Your truck looks just about like mine! specs?

1991 F-800, 429 gasser, 6 speed, 20 foot grain body/ hydraulic auger, dump hoist. picked it up for a grand, had it running in an hour. They burnt a fusible link (installed battery cables backwards) and let it sit for 2 years!! Gonna be my leaf cleanup truck. :D

Rob

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F-800 7.8 diesel, 5+2, Air brakes. Gonna get the sleeper off the F-600 and the 5th wheel, and the A/C.
89,000 miles, bought it for 2,500.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
give it to me

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Are you gonna chop that frame down or are you gonna use it as is??

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Okay, Bend Over!!!

I'm gonna try it as is first. It won't look as long once I put the sleeper on it.
Also, I may put a tag axle on it, and if I do, I'll need the extra frame length
I dont care about what it looks like, the turning radius is gonna be fuckin horrid with that WB.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
for 2500 bucks that :grinpimp:

i thought the F-800's has tandem axles.. isnt that as big as you could get in a ford truck??

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 13 of 13 Posts