Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get help and help other people. If you could help me label the parts on the th350 transmission, and what they do/are for that would be appreciated. Look at the pictures on the linked pages and use the numbers as a guide. I will post this on other forum sites, because I could not fiind it anywhere else on the web.
RIGHT SIDE
LEFT SIDE

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
right side:
1 modulator
2 pressure port
3 servo cover
4 dip stick hole
5 another pressure port
6 TV cable retaining bolt
7 TV cable hole
8 cooler line
9 cooler line

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
left side
10 is the vent
11 and 12 are 2 more pressure ports.
pressure ports can be used for diagnostic purposes. they also lend themselves for a good place to install a transmission temp sensor

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could somebody actually explain how to connect the tv lines and such :smokin:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Should all these pressure ports be plugged up?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where would I go about getting a manual for a Turbo-Hydramatic (th)350
Transmission?

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
a tv cable connects from the carb to the transmission case (and into the valve body). it controls shift timing and firmness. HAS TO BE CONNECTED!!!

we sell the tech manuals at work. roughly $18.

all the pressure ports should have pipe plugs in them. don't mess with that stuff.

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
2 more things:

1) this is not the chevy section, and th350 stuff should be posted there. but don't listen to me, cause i'm just some tool, not the moderator.

2) get yourself a chilton's manual for a mid 70s chevy 4x4 truck. it'll have tons of useful info on the engine, trans and t-case stuff for you.

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
had a burito tonite.

i would'nt know which manual is better, never looked in one yet. i just BS my way thru most of that shait.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts