Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the last time I bought something from MAF was like 7 years ago and I had a problem with them then. I thought I had learned my lesson but recently I decited to try them again.
I am puting together a 82 FJ60 that I am taking down the Baja of Mexico at the end of November. Mostly making it reliable but adding a few cool little things to help me on my trip. So I see the ause rear sliding windows on MAFs site on sale for 99 bucks so I order a set. Guess what... They sent me 2 left side windows :shaking: who do they got working in shipping there? Idiots! Well they are going to be calling me back to make sure they got more in stock. If they charge me shipping on their fuck up I am gonna raise hell :mad3:.

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Justin, aren't you still in SoCal, close enough to go down there and deal with it one on one? Or did our weekend rains make the authorities reconsider having you down here? :confused:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
RustyNailJustin said:
snip If they charge me shipping on their fuck up I am gonna raise hell :mad3:.
Plan on trying to raise hell, 'cause they are going to charge you for shipping and make you pay shipping back to them for the return.

Good luck!

Phil

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
65SWB45 said:
Justin, aren't you still in SoCal, close enough to go down there and deal with it one on one? Or did our weekend rains make the authorities reconsider having you down here? :confused:

Nope, We left Lancaster 5 days ago and headed up to the power fire near Placerville then 3 days ago it started raining and snowing like crazy. We got back to our home unit last night.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
LOL, last year I ordered 2 sets of the OEM sliders, guess what I got, 3 of one side one of the other....I emailed(or called, forget) and Al Colebak(owner) emailed me back ASAP and told me to just keep the extra's and he credit my card for for a pair, so I only paid for on pair, I offered to take pics, send em back or whatever, he just took my word they screwed up and made it right. He offered to send me some when they had more as well, 6 months latter Al emails me....he didn't forget. I passed on the 2nd set as I hadn't even finished the 1st set

gotta love the Aussie bull dust bonus :D

FWIW I think 80 series OEM slider rubber will work in place of the old stuff or the generic stuff sent(which would work)

mine are still in the back of the parts 62............someday I'll get to em

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Landpimp said:
LOL, last year I ordered 2 sets of the OEM sliders, guess what I got, 3 of one side one of the other....I emailed(or called, forget) and Al Colebak(owner) emailed me back ASAP and told me to just keep the extra's and he credit my card for for a pair, so I only paid for on pair, I offered to take pics, send em back or whatever, he just took my word they screwed up and made it right. He offered to send me some when they had more as well, 6 months latter Al emails me....he didn't forget. I passed on the 2nd set as I hadn't even finished the 1st set

gotta love the Aussie bull dust bonus :D

FWIW I think 80 series OEM slider rubber will work in place of the old stuff or the generic stuff sent(which would work)

mine are still in the back of the parts 62............someday I'll get to em

I hope I get the same service as you did. We will see what happens.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Did you get any window slider material?? I need to rebuild mine and would love a part number or any help thanks

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Pimp, I've also heard the 80 stuff works...from Gary Koberly I think. He's here somewhere, forget his handle...Waggoner Machine maybe?

I've had really good luck ordering from them...hope I didn't just jinx that...

·
Registered
697 Posts
man-a-fre = Scumbag

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
yeah well i just took the 15 dollar shipping charge from spector up the ass. 15 to ship a 20 dollar seal set. fucksticks.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
yep, my MAF sliders came with some stuff that should work.

but 80 series stuff should, but it might take 3 80 series rubbers to make 2 60 series, the 80's are smaller windows, at some point I check the pricing on the 80 stuff....forget now, also the vertical, bar/felt from a 80 would/should work

calfj60 said:
Did you get any window slider material?? I need to rebuild mine and would love a part number or any help thanks

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok now that the board is back up... Got off the phone with Jeff, they are going to pay for all the shipping will cost me a trip to UPS is all to send back one window. I am pretty happy with that at least. Still think its pretty shitty to have that bad of quality control.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mix-up. Are you heading to Baja to watch the Baja 1000? It goes down to La Paz this year...

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When is the Baja 1000? If its there when I am there I will watch it but I am not going cause of it.
I am going with a few friends, to do some exploring and just to have a very sweet vacation. Starting up here in Southern Oregon and all the way down to Cabo, and back. One of the guys going, wife is from there and she is basically our guide. Going to do some scuba diving and secluded beach exploring and just some drinking beer on the beaches.

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
RustyNailJustin said:
When is the Baja 1000? If its there when I am there I will watch it but I am not going cause of it.
I am going with a few friends, to do some exploring and just to have a very sweet vacation. Starting up here in Southern Oregon and all the way down to Cabo, and back. One of the guys going, wife is from there and she is basically our guide. Going to do some scuba diving and secluded beach exploring and just some drinking beer on the beaches.
So, that is timed to coincide with Surf N Turf, right? :)

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
65SWB45 said:
So, that is timed to coincide with Surf N Turf, right? :)

No those are 2 seperate trips! I am taking the 76 FJ40 to surf and turf cause its the nicest, and most orig cruiser I own. I am taking my 82 FJ60 to Mexico cause I can sleep in it, haul lots of gear and if it gets stollen I am not out much. I am not afraid to get my drive on :D Its a fairly common event for me to leave Klamath Falls Oregon and drive straight through to GJ colorado to go wheeling for a few days and then drive back without stopping and be to work in the AM. After I get back from Mex I am headed to Colorado for some wheeling.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts