Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a piece of 3 1/2 inch diameter tubing bent with a dog leg or joggle offset of about 3 inches. Overall length of the pipe about 3 feet I tried the places in the back of the rags selling custom mandrel bent exhaust systems without any help. I found one guy who would do it for around 120 bucks. The rest of the exhaust system is all mandrel bent and I really want this to be also. Looking for a source to bend it that I can afford.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
When I build mine I just buy the mandrel bends from Summit. Then just cut and weld. But a single piece bent to fit would be purty:D

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts
willyswanter said:
When I build mine I just buy the mandrel bends from Summit. Then just cut and weld. But a single piece bent to fit would be purty:D
good luck finding them in 3.5"!

·
IH/Rover Moderator
20,917 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
If you wanna do it yourself you can weld one end shut. pack the pipe with a clean dry silica sand use a round chunk of wood and wedge it into the end then all you have to do is heat it with the torch and bend away... hot rod guys do this stuff all the time, sure you can find some more info on it.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They may not list them in the catalog or on line, but they do stock 3 1/2 inch stuff. I had a dynomax(I think) catalog that showed a ton of mandrel bent pieces in different radius bends for pretty much every size pipe. I called summit to try to special order, and they had most of what I needed in stock..

Please keep the suggestions coming

·
Registered
505 Posts
our NAPA carries alot of big truck exhaust and can get 3.5 you might try yours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts