Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been planning to buy a JD2 manual bender but after recent back problems Ive been wondering if thats a bad idea. I have never used a manual bender before and have no idea how much force it actually takes to bend tube with a manual bender. I know its hard to describe over the internet but can anyone give me an idea of hard it is to bend tube manually? Will be bending mostly 1.75x.120 HREW.

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
HREW bends significantly easier than DOM. With HREW and a 6' cheater it's a walk in the park. With the same cheater and DOM it requires a bit of effort.

I'd put a hydraulic ram on it though, if you already have back problems, there's no point in aggravating them. More money can be earned, your health can be hard to regain.

Ary

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
in my garage I can't use anything other than the supplied cheater bar (4'), If I'm bending 1 3/4 DOM I really have to put some ass into it. It's bad enough that if I do a bunch of bending my back is kinda sore next day, and I really don't have back trouble

·
Registered
34,267 Posts

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
if it quits raining & I get my work done, I should have my bender cart done 12vdc over hydro
total cost to convert
$249 pump
$118 ram
$50 hoses, these were custom made for my oddball pump fitting with 90* adapters 3 footers at a local semi truck supply, they have lots of neat stuff.
$30ish in steel

$450ish
jd2 model 3 with 1.75" 240* die shipped $608 new from mtechsales 1.25" die $168 shipped

total
$1218.00
2 dies & hydro:smokin:

I said it before, most selling used benders want more for there used then you can buy new!:eek::eek::eek:

check out new prices before you buy;)

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
if it quits raining & I get my work done, I should have my bender cart done 12vdc over hydro
total cost to convert
$249 pump
$118 ram
$50 hoses, these were custom made for my oddball pump fitting with 90* adapters 3 footers at a local semi truck supply, they have lots of neat stuff.
$30ish in steel

$450ish
jd2 model 3 with 1.75" 240* die shipped $608 new from mtechsales 1.25" die $168 shipped

total
$1218.00
2 dies & hydro:smokin:

I said it before, most selling used benders want more for there used then you can buy new!:eek::eek::eek:

check out new prices before you buy;)
With all those new fandangled tools you gonna put together a rig and wheel it :D

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
With all those new fandangled tools you gonna put together a rig and wheel it :D
going to try:shaking:

I'm gettin old, so I need to get busy!

Just don't have much free time & no garage, so I think I'm going to save up a bit & rebuild a carport thing into a workshop so I can do something this winter.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
9,940 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.