Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is looking for warn manual hubs and and adapters to mate them to his 92 Ford Ranger...Whats the cheapest place to get them? I'm sure I left something that is needed out...Thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
If you get the warn manual hubs, you don't need adapters. I got mine from four wheel parts, and iirc, they cost about 149.00. They are the best upgrade for reliability you could make for your front axle.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has the auto locking hubs, there isn't anything you have to do for the conversion?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
BrassMunkey4 said:
He has the auto locking hubs, there isn't anything you have to do for the conversion?
You have to swap the spindle nuts.

Don't buy that "conversion kit" crap though, you only need Spicer pt# 28068X, about $5 (one each side)

There are two different versions of the Warn hub though, you want pt# 37780, NOT 29071. The 37780 is far stronger and won't bust off at the end like the other one does.

Lots of info on this stuff at www.therangerstation.com

·
Registered
114 Posts
BrassMunkey4 said:
My friend is looking for warn manual hubs and and adapters to mate them to his 92 Ford Ranger...Whats the cheapest place to get them? I'm sure I left something that is needed out...Thanks
Another great source is http://www.explorerforum.com/forums

I would clean and rebuild the shift motor at the same time then sell the used hubs on ebay since so many guys break them.

Compare prices and see who will ship them for free.

It's a straight forward swap but you will need a large socket to get the nut off. Autozone shold have that in their loan a tool program. Becareful not to strip the threads. I used a magnet to get the key out when removing the old hubs.
I bought mine years ago from carparts.com and I had a coupon which helped with the cost.
Good luck on the swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts