Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled a NP 208 D out of the above listed truck, but didn't know what manual tranny came in the truck. Please excuse my ignorance of Mopar stuff. The truck was so heavily encrusted with crap, I couldn't find any markings on it. I have an opportunity to go back and get the tranny, but wanted to know what it is first. Thanks for the info-

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
do NOT mention that word in here again!!! :vader2:

:flipoff2:

not that i know of, but i know generic motors used a 435 for a few years in the late 60's or so. you might ask about the GM 435 in another section. ;)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I hope you didnt buy the transfercase to put in a chevy because the Dodge input gear splines are different and the U-joints are different..

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't buy it as a replacement for a Chev. 208. I bought it because it was cheap and has a fixed yoke. I know that the parts between a Chev. 208 and Dodge 208 can be put together to make a fixed yoke Chev. 208. Both of the 208's are very strong and have a respectable low range for a stock t-case. I have no complaints with putting a Dodge motor in my buggy, but I have many Chev. parts laying around. I am currently looking at my options for drivetrains. Just trying to make my buggy a little better by throwing some Mopar in it.:flipoff2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.