Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there versions of the DEIS maps that have the named trails marked on them instead of just the FS number?

It would be great to be able to point out on the map precisely which trail is being closed by name.

Also, has anybody created a list, by name, of the trails that would be lost?

Yes, I know what the total number of miles lost is and that means lost trails, but I think getting support is more effective when you can tell people precisely which trails are being lost by name.

Phil

·
Registered
195 Posts
i have not researched this yet, but FS road names are matched to FS numbers in the DEIS scale road analysis, as far as maps are concerned with names on them issued by the FS, it is highly unlikely as even their numbers are screwed up, yesterday we were looking up a number on the Barret lake trail that didnt exist in the area, when you look at these maps information has to be verified more than once to be trustworthy!!!!!:grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here is the forest road analysis, it will have road names listed at the end by ranger district

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/documents/rap/roads_analysis.pdf

we are going to try to come up with a map that has ONLY the roads on it that are going to be closed. if we can do that it will be posted up here for sure
Thanks wldwun

I have nedlo's email to send for Cartography files(GIS shape files) in order to manipulate the information to make this map, do you have any other email addys that might be more productive inside the forest service.

sorry about the hijack pjohnson

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
sorry about the hijack pjohnson
your not highjacking his thread, were just working to get the map he wants:D

I dont think Jason will not have the info you are looking for I think we need to talk with Amy. I will PM you her address but I am going to call her also and explain what we want to do ( make a map of only roads being closed) and see what she says

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds like we have another fundamental argument against the DEIS.

"If the index of FS numbers to Road Names is not accurate, the Public cannot adequately review the maps in order to provide comment. In effect, the Public's right of review is inhibited."

Is the Road Name is the document linked above equal to the Trail Name?

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts