Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a marlin hd clutch kit onto my 3.4 with a r150 behind it. My old clutch was a used stock 3.4 clutch that came with the junk yard engine. My concern is I got it all back together and my pedal effort is about half of what my worn out used stock clutch was....Is this normal? Seems to work just fine around the shop yard but the reduction in pedal effort has me concerned that this will hold worst than my slipping stocker.... I did clean all of the rust off of my clutch fork pivots and polished the ends and re greased everything as one should with a new clutch so maybe im noticing the reduction of friction there? Looking for people that have used these clutches and if they noticed something similar for piece of mind....hope I didnt buy a weak clutch....if this is normal and it does hold well i will be in heaven with this easy pedal on the trail but will take some getting used to.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just drove it and feels really good. I was babying it till it breaks in but felt no slip anywhere. Im hoping it was all just friction reduction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts