Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys powered out and, as always, build the best sh## in the world. I'm now a proud owner of, count 'em--2 151F's, and Dual Ultimates, so much for the 'runner staying a DD for awhile.

Just wanted to say THANX--
Rocky for being a crawler buildin' fool
Dave for doin all he does
Andy for the use of the crucial BFH, other tools, and for taunting me with a night on the town drinkin a dropin $bills
Marlin, especially, for stickin it all out till the weeee hrs of the morning gettin the job done. Above and beyond.
YEEHAA and thanx
btw, got home 10min. late for work (8:40am) after driving all night in downpours and blizzard, but made it.:grinpimp:

Marlin, stop answering your phone.:mad3: or you will:nuke:

:D :D :D
aaron

·
Registered
711 Posts
good to hear nice things about marlin for a change.. but i hope this does not turn into a "BITCH/PRAISE " marlin thread like many others before.:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Anyone know if Rocky is a member here? I'd like to see some pics of his flat bed because I am too busy to drive over to the shop.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
The point is, when Marlin's customer service took a dive everyone was quick to jump on the band wagon. It's great that he seems to have fixed some of the problems he was having. Besides, everytime a potential customer goes some place other than Marlin's because of bad customer service, that puts Marlin that much closer to closing the doors. Then we all lose!!!!! RUN DOG

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
soopatoy said:
what was the point of this?
Hey dumb ass. Ever have Marlin help you? Ever call his shop and actually have him talk to you about tech stuff, giving HIS time to help YOU out? Guess not. So i guess you should STFU. BTW Marlin is the reason behind why alot of people have what they have in their trucks. Who do you think you will go to if your tranny ever takes a shit? Hmmm. So i think it's good to hear Marlin is getting better.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
True that marlin has great customer service but is a very busy man at the same time. I give him props for the service he provides. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
Even with his lack of time, he has sat down with me and answered my questions 1 on 1 and given me a lot of insight about my problems. It helps that I live 10 mins. from his shop, but all the guys in there are more than willing to help you out, I think Andy has made a good addition the the shop and is lightening the load on the other guys just enough. Things should keep getting better.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
I talked to Big Mike before Andy actually started working there and he said that John (All-Pro) was going to mostly mail order and got rid of a few guys. Andy apparently gave Marlin a call and ended up moving up this way and now works at Marlin's. They were happy to get the added help espeacially from a guy who came in knowing what needed to be done. Sounds like he's helping out a lot.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Being a local, I have stopped by his shop twice in the last 3 years for factory toy parts and he or someone else has always taken care of me and answered my questions. Can't wait to get a crawler.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got my adaptor plate from marlin. He was nice enough to pay for half of the freight. :D

now i have to figure out how to put these fawking things together.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Marlin, Tony (Rock Equipment) and Jess (high angle driveline) are the only people I have delt with with the good old fashioned great customer service that makes people famous. I have delt with a lot of vendors. Granted, there are some out there that are equally as great that I haven't delt with yet but these three are a great start.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've bought a total of like $35 worth of parts from Marlin (speedo extension and new shift rod) but the guy I talked to (forgot his name) for the shift fork was really helpful and cool...gave me a bunch of his time for a $20 part. It got there like 3 days later. I ordered the speedo extension monday at like 3:00 and it got there the next afternoon. (fresno to san diego)

Budbuilt and Marlin have given me kick ass serivce. I will go to them for parts before others. They talk to you like like a person that enjoys the same hobby as them...not like their on the other side of the counter ("Do you want fries with that?")

my $.02

1 - 14 of 14 Posts