Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I saw that yesterday. It was a brand new car in its first race too I believe. That would suck to loose that car but im glad everyone got out okay.

Here it is earlier in the day:

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Glad no one was seriously hurt. From the sounds of it, the vehicle went up in flames in a matter of seconds. Had this happened in a more remote area where no one was around, bad news.

·
Registered
537 Posts
It was a brand new car built by Herman Motorsports. It was a beautiful car engineered to the extreme what a tragedy.
This is the picture we took on contingency row the team was very cool and answered all of our questions about the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
HANGTOWNCRUZR said:
It was a brand new car built by Herman Motorsports. It was a beautiful car engineered to the extreme what a tragedy.
This is the picture we took on contingency row the team was very cool and answered all of our questions about the car.
who gives a shit about the car, it will be replaced. 2 lifes, good luck replacing those had they not gotten them out in time.:shaking:

·
Registered
537 Posts
XJ618 said:
Calm down, we know the drivers are OK your the one that needs to think before you post

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
HANGTOWNCRUZR said:
Calm down, we know the drivers are OK your the one that needs to think before you post
I think he means that it was obviously not so "beautifully engineered" like you said in your previous post. Evidenced by the fact that it is upside down AND ON FIRE in that pic. They may have engineered performance in, but it doesn't look like they did to well on the safety side.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
The story I got was; after the wreck, Travis pastrana wrote a $250,000.00 check to cover the losses. The Cars owner was still bummed out about it. The car was brand new, never been raced before. Sad waste of a awesome machine.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
stover said:
The story I got was; after the wreck, Travis pastrana wrote a $250,000.00 check to cover the losses. The Cars owner was still bummed out about it. The car was brand new, never been raced before. Sad waste of a awesome machine.
1 it wasnt his fault and 2 he has offered to pay for it

·
Registered
751 Posts
I talked to the guys moving that thing up in line at the contingency for about an hour. That machine was one fine piece of work. I don't know who it was that I was talking too, but they were really cool and showed me around the car like they built it.

Sad to see it go down like that.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Alaska ZJ said:
I talked to the guys moving that thing up in line at the contingency for about an hour. That machine was one fine piece of work. I don't know who it was that I was talking too, but they were really cool and showed me around the car like they built it.

Sad to see it go down like that.
i'll second that! they parked the car at the end of the contingency line so you could go up close and look. every single weld was perfect and every peice looked to be brand new. it's a bummer it had to happen this way, but i guess that's what happens when the driver has balls like Pastrana

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
bigblackblur said:
I think he means that it was obviously not so "beautifully engineered" like you said in your previous post. Evidenced by the fact that it is upside down AND ON FIRE in that pic. They may have engineered performance in, but it doesn't look like they did to well on the safety side.
bahahhaha STFU desert newb:laughing: :laughing:

let me ask you this:

How much halon does it take to put out 50 gallons of 112?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts