Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting a set of allpro's axles(out of stock short side and backordered for a week or two) and plan on installing them with my longfields...my question is...im running a trutrak in the front now...(but getting arb in couple months) and wondering if i tack the new alloys for my trutrak ..will the tack still work for the arb? or do they slide in different....??? did a search but my question not answered....anyone know the facts...thaks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i read that it is different lenghts for different carriers...anyone know?:eek:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Can somebody please come up with a chart of where to Martack for whatever locker?? Seems like enough people have done it that this would be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
85TrailToy said:
Can somebody please come up with a chart of where to Martack for whatever locker?? Seems like enough people have done it that this would be a piece of cake.
No, because no two housings are exactly the same. Every time I have used someone's suggested depth, it has been off. You are much better off measuring it for yourself.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
zags said:

No, because no two housings are exactly the same. Every time I have used someone's suggested depth, it has been off. You are much better off measuring it for yourself.
I was hoping that wasn't the reason. I thought all Yota stuff was precise to the micron.:D

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
desertoy said:
That is an excellent way of measuring it.
Yep, that's basically the same techinique I've had shown on my page for about 4 years, I just eyeball when the edge of the polished sealing surface on the axle slips inside the oil seal, which leaves about the 1/8" of play. Just put one tack at ~1.5", grind it flush, set the axle at the edge of the seal then measure how much farther it slides in, then place the final tacks in that much farther.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts