Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets plan some protests in mass form to clog traffic in capitols across the us due to closeure of our places to ride. check it out on the tellico forum it would be nice to ban together to do some protesting accross the u.s to try and save our orv parks from closure. more people more power. think of the statement a week of driving 2mph in the capitols of states in which you live in either your trail rigs or your tow rigs hauling your trail rigs. this is a way to get the media and more than just the local rangers closing the parks. big officials will want answers to why we are big there cities to there knees

·
Registered
850 Posts
Driving 2 MPH in the state capitals with our rigs? Did you come up with this idea while you were flossing the last tooth you have :flipoff2:

Its your right to protest but talk to a friend before you post any more ideas.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats your oppinion

the idea is a march but with our rigs so if you cant drive then stay home but if you care about riding its a great idea for the coverage you would get. letters can be thrown away and email deleted but if we showed up in force when the reports asked us why we were there that would be hard to deny for them wouldn't

·
Registered
850 Posts
Then why not just picket it is much more organized and less rowdy. You call the news they will come out and record the event. You could easily get the point across with that. But if you try to stop traffic then you are just a big of an asshole as the lame ass shutting down public land. I thinks it’s great that you want to help. But let’s not stoop to there levels.

·
El Presidente
6,519 Posts
Wow :rolleyes: , are you serious ? , or is this a day late April Fools joke ? . Seriously , with all do respect this is the stupidest thing I've ever read . Now , this is just my opinion and I'm all for conserving our trails but seriously how much of an impact do you think this will have ? . Not to mention the amount of danger we would put others in . C'mon , seriously , driving my rig 2 MPH in my state capitAl (not capitol) ? :rolleyes: , yeah having a guy plow right into the back of my trailered crawler while I drive 2 MPH and risking a huge accident would definately be the way to keep our trails open . Just think of the impact all of these accidents across the U.S would have :rolleyes: . Way to make us look like a bunch of idiots :shaking: . There's lots of ways to protest , puting others' lives at risk is not one of them :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
3 Posts
hahaha

:barf:that would be funny to see but i bet the ticket you would get for going however slower in the FAST LANE would be hefty!!! but that is pretty funny! hahhaa but i rather go with have everyone sign some shit and send it to the city's....

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Well sence the State Capitol of California is 506 miles from my house it would take me 10 days and 13 hours at 2mph to get there. That's if some fawking road raged soccer mom doesn't beat the crap out of me before I get to the interstate. Sorry I won't have my voice heard this way.

I did however join the San Diego Off-Road Coalition last month and CORVA today. These folks are on the front lines in the fight to save our public lands. Want your voice to be heard? Join up! :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
slow down

im saying you can slow traffic to 2mph just like when you are driving down the road and you have to slow down due to a wreck ahead. im talking about getting everyone in lines and in lanes then gradually slowing down the traffic. but i hey i was just trying to do something besides let someone else handle it. and the tickets when they have a million man march do they write everyone tickets too thats against the law as well. you can't just walk down the middle of the street. so trying to get everyone to pitch in and actually do something other than pay dues and join an organization is wrong sorry if you are afraid they might write you a ticket or you might offend someone. i would hate to do that. i know it makes me happy when they shut orv places down and it doesn't offend me at all. i like it. but everyone has an oppinion. thanks for attacking mine. sorry we cant band together like TU does or other groups that protest

·
El Presidente
6,519 Posts
Okay well it's now April 3rd and you still seem to think this is a good idea so I am now under the impression that this ISN'T an April Fools joke , you really DO think this is a way to do something :shaking: . Yeah you're right , people WOULD have to slow down do to a wreck , a wreck that someone like you who thinks this would be a wonderful idea would cause :shaking: . The tickets aren't what people would fear , it's putting others' lives at risk , you know , by causing a big wreck ? :shaking: Oh , and nobody is attacking you here , in fact the replies I have seen so far are actually really nice . I'd hate to see you really get flamed on Pirate .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like guns too, maybe we should protest our gun rights at the same time. We could drive around the capitals at 2mph SHOOTING OUR GUNS:eek:. That would definitely draw attention to our cause. Idiot:shaking:

·
1962 YellowSubmarine
11,423 Posts
He has a valid point, and it's been done. and it doesn't not work. I know because I was one of the organizers of a protest at senator boxers LA office. We were to drive in circles around the building with signs on our rigs and slow down traffic. Obey all laws and generally just plug up the streets like suggested above.

It didn't work.. why you ask? because the OHV community is a bunch of unorganized, mouth running, flakes. We had a less than 50% turnout of who said they were going to show. Now some might disagree with me as they got media coverage in the Sacremento protest and the Inland Empire one as well, but the LA office protest was left off the Press release (sent out by a national pro motorized access org) and it really killed it for those of us that risked our jobs and that burned vacation time and risked BS vehicle tickets to go be heard. :(

At least there was some media attention, but when the groups you pay to represent you forget about you, inadvertently or not, it's not a real promising outlook to our unified future...

:usa:

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
wow. i agree on not making asses out of ourselves. most non-off-roaders don't have our backs. if you want to keep public lands open, how about joining organizations, donating what you can afford towards well spoken defenders, picking up trash on the trail, not being a douchebag, not causing a scene on your way to the trail, not being loud by residences, not running 400hp to tear up a mediocre trail, should i go on? just be responsible and spread the word. our beaches in san diego are all non-alcohol an non tobacco now due to every idiot scumbag who thinks it's ok to party without respect. thanks a lot assholes. if you cant party responsibly on public land, keep it on the frat boy campus or at your moms house.

rant off.:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts