Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trying to clear up some of the info going around on the different bore sizes on Toyota master cylinders. All of this is from Napaonline.

Truck - '89 - '94 4WD 22RE/3VZE
non ABS - 1.0" Bore
Part # TSM 112530
w/ ABS - 1 1/16" Bore
Part # TSM112711
So according to Napa, the sought after 1.0" bore m/s doesn't have to come out of just a V6 Truck or those peticular years I've seen on Pirate.
Napaonline.com will only let you pull up a '95 Tacoma - not Truck (model).
4Runner - same specs as Trucks.
T-100
'93-'98 w/ V6 (early 3.0 late 3.4) 1 ton chassis, non ABS - 1 1/16" Bore
Pt. # TSM 112710
Late model w/ 3.4L V6, 1/2ton chassis and non ABS - 1.0" Bore
Pt. # TSM112737
ALL w/ ABS (assume 1/2 ton and 1 ton chassis) - 1 1/16" Bore
Pt. TSM 112711
'93-'95 w/ 3.0 V6 and 1/2ton chassis non ABS - 1.0" Bore
Pt. # TSM 112530
Land Cruiser (FJ-80)
non ABS - 1.0" Bore
Part # TSM 112530
w/ ABS
Pt. # TSM112617

I'm working on boosters... dual diaphram vs. single

·
Registered
768 Posts
i was at napa today picking up some brake fittings. i asked the price of a 90 4runner 4x4 V6 master cylinder.
67.99+tax (this is new, no core or charge)
part # 4739996

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the price for a new MS, I based my search on all remanufactured models since only those part #s bring up specs including bore sizes. Just so you guys know, the point of this post was not part numbers or prices. It's to show that Toyota used a lot of the same shit across the board (duh); mainly to show that the 1" bore master cylinders are not just in V6 trucks or in certain years (like the 2 or 3 year spans) that have been said on this board.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Well just going to add my 2 cents. Just cause NAPA says thats what they sell for reman, doent mean that is what came off those trucks originally. Go ask for a alt for a 83 P/u they sell you one that WILL work but it is way different then the one that comes off. My EFI motor has some kinda funky ass conversion connector to MAKE it work.

Not busting your chops just dont use aftermarket Reman as a source.

oh yeah answer your damn phone :flipoff2:

·
Registered
25,334 Posts
Can you find bore sizes for clutch masters as well? It may help some guys out with engine/tranny swaps. I'm hoping to use the master from my 3.0 in combination with a wilwood slave on a sm465, instead of the larger FJ40 master and stock slave.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I do not know what to say about swapping masters and boosters - I'm kinda skeptical at this point. This is why:
On my '81 trail truck, I've got 4 wheel discs:
Front IFS 2 piston calipers, FJ rotors, rear Malibu calipers and 1/2 ton 1" thick rotors, factory brake lines down to the braided lines (Earls), Wilwood prop valve, 1" bore master cylinder of a V6 truck and the booster that was in the truck when I got it - single diaphram. Anyway, brakes work great! The pedal feels good and they're powerful - brings my weightlight truck w/ 36" Iroks to a stop confidently - without locking up the rear too badly.
My '88 4Runner - a month into having it, my brakes went from good to shit - my pedal would lose it's feel twice, like step downs in feedback force - diagnosed as a bad master cylinder (factory 13/16" bore), all other brake parts - factory.
I got got uppity and replaced the master cylinder and booster with junk out of a '94 2WD V6 T-100 - 1" bore master cylinder (I think..) and a double diaphram booster that is definately working.
99% of the time pedal has very little travel as the brakes ease on pretty hard - amazing braking power with just a tiny bit of input. That 1% is what has me confused - the travel during engagement increases but the power is still there. It's almost nicer because the the brakes aren't as touchy as they usually are. Like I said, the brakes work great - power is awesome. It's the inconsistancy that makes me wonder. OffRoadRunner and I bled the shit out of the brakes - no doubt a complete job.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anyone know anything about masters and boosters out of late 90's supras? Are they the 1" bore master and the dual diaphram booster?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Lowtorious said:
99% of the time pedal has very little travel as the brakes ease on pretty hard - amazing braking power with just a tiny bit of input. That 1% is what has me confused - the travel during engagement increases but the power is still there. It's almost nicer because the the brakes aren't as touchy as they usually are. Like I said, the brakes work great - power is awesome. It's the inconsistancy that makes me wonder. OffRoadRunner and I bled the shit out of the brakes - no doubt a complete job.
Maybe you've got a sticky caliper or wheel cylinder piston? Or maybe something in the drums isn't working consistently?

·
Registered
23 Posts
ErikB: I hope he figured that out by now, that post was from back in June. I was diggin' up this old post to find out...

Yup said:
Anyone know anything about masters and boosters out of late 90's supras? Are they the 1" bore master and the dual diaphram booster?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yup said:
bringing it back i just looked on two 82 and 83 supra 15/16 better that the 13/16 i got 82 4x4, guna give it a try as my brakes suck, and it is free.

·
Registered
55 Posts
bringing it back i just looked on two 82 and 83 supra 15/16 better that the 13/16 i got 82 4x4, guna give it a try as my brakes suck, and it is free.
Bringing this back from the dead... I didn't have enough pressure with the old master from the 81' so I just used a 1" from an 89' Cressida and my pickup with v6 4-pots and vented FJ's could brake again. Seemed to have 10x more pressure than the stock brakes and master.

·
Registered
124 Posts
another bump from the dead.

I know this a rookie question but: Is there actually a difference in the MC for ABS vs non-ABS?

I've got a 1" MC on my truck right now with no ABS, but I'm thinking I might need something a bit bigger for when I go to 4wheel discs (I want to use 4 IFS calipers, 2x V6 front, 2x 4cyl rear)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.