1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
I've looked at them. While they seem better than those offered by Harbor Freight, they seemed kinda light.

The Waterloos sold by Enco are comparably priced and seem to be much better in the price range.

that said, I'll probably end up with one from TSC, local pickup, no shipping, they take my used oil, etc. might make up for any reservations I have.

PT

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've decided to not get the Masterhand box. I went with the Husky Pro. I liked the full length drawer on top and it seemed to be a decent built box. It has a little more space than TSC one. I'll have some pics soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a huskey box, not the 40, but a smaller top box. It has been moved many times full of tools, never had a problem.. very well built especially for the price..

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've had the 40" Husy box since '99. I have been very happy with it. I had a friend who was managing the HD, and I got it out the door for $800, top and bottom. The discount was great, but the selling point was that LONG drawer in the middle!

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I started moving tools over last night. I need more tools to fill this box. My old box was a Task Force 26" 5 drawer and a cheapy top box. My new one is almost twice as big as both combined. I didn't realize it until I looked at them side by side. I'm excited to start working out of it now.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't complain about my Husky toolbox. The only complaint I have is that it isn't griplatch. The drawers get all screwed up when you slam them shut. I know they have changed the design on them and I don't know if they are the same quality or not.

·
Premium Member
2,312 Posts
I've had the 40" Husy box since '99. I have been very happy with it. I had a friend who was managing the HD, and I got it out the door for $800, top and bottom. The discount was great, but the selling point was that LONG drawer in the middle!

There is no comparison between your box and what they sell now. In 99 they were the same as the entry level boxes from mac. The ones they sell new feel like a cheap POS.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm looking for something I can get at a store, my parents want to get me 1 big item and have it for Christmas. Although one of these is over their allotment I told them I would toss in but I want it to be something that will last. The Husky ones I looked at seemed like my crapsman very weakly built. The Masterhand seemed a little heaver and sturdier, but was hopping someone would have some first hand experience, the sales people said they sell a few but have never heard any bad or good about them, and online searches for reviews all veared off to I have this or you should step up to that. I can get the 40" base for a bit over $300 right now only cause it's on sale and we have a 15% off the total purchase coupon.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Old thread, but I'll bump it anyway. I picked up a 60" top and bottom chest at Christmas last year. Green was 50% off (they only sell black now), and I talked him down to 75% off for buying both boxes. Very happy with them so far, especially for what I paid for them. They're every bit as nice as the craftsman ball bearing chests I had for 15 years before these. I load the drawers full and close them hard, and its all holding up great so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
much better boxes at harbor freight for the money . the boxes at tsc suck that is Masterhand boxes . I have two and they are poor !

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
If they're imported, I have no idea, but as far as "made in America" boxes, most brands are all made under contract by the same manufacturer in Columbia, Mo.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Things have definitely changed since 2008...

The HF boxes have a really good rep now and I would not hesitate to buy another. Especially the bigger ones since the have a 56" and a 72" now I think. The 56" top and bottom. The 72" a bottom only. I have a 40" bottom only that I put in a storage closet at the cabin.

And as mentioned above, my HD box is nice, but the don't make 'em like that anymore...

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I give my 56" HF box 2 thumbs WAY up. only bitch I have is the drawer locks.

every drawer is filled with tools and it still opens better than my ild ball bearing crapsman

·
Registered
30,983 Posts
Things have definitely changed since 2008...

The HF boxes have a really good rep now and I would not hesitate to buy another. Especially the bigger ones since the have a 56" and a 72" now I think. The 56" top and bottom. The 72" a bottom only. I have a 40" bottom only that I put in a storage closet at the cabin.

And as mentioned above, my HD box is nice, but the don't make 'em like that anymore...
I looked at the 72" lower today. It almost jumped into my truck. I wonder if there's any plans for a matching upper?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts