Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do a swap on my toyota truck if I can get the old 22r motor to bolt up to my w56-d trany that came out of my 93 mod. toy. is this possible to do with out buying any adaptors or is this something that cant be done unless you have both of the same ??? :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
im 99.99999% sure if its is a R series motor and it came off a R series motor it will bolt up.

·
Registered
782 Posts
They will bolt up. The 22R and 22RE motors use the same block. Only difference I have found with mixing and matching motors and trannys is the two bottom bolt holes of the bell housing and the motor. On my 1989 2wd 22RE, the holes are unthreaded and the bolts thread into the bell housing of the 2wd W56. On my 92 22RE, the bolts go through the tranny and into the motor. So with my rebuilt W56 and an 89 2wd 22RE mated, there was nothing for the two bottom bolts to thread to. All holes lined up, no problem.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bolted a later model W56 to my 84 22R with no problems. Only thing was the throw out bearing looked a little different but basically had the same dimensions. After 5k I have had no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts