Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure my max tire size so I can go ahead and get to shopping for some tires.

I don't really want to cut the hell outta the fenders. I'd remove 2or3 inches, but I still want it to look like a scout. I am willing to move the filler neck in the back if that is a problem.

My setup so far is D60 front and rear/ 4" skyjacker springs / 3" body lift. I'd like to run some standard 15" rims with 3.5" of backspacing unless a deal comes up on some hummer beadlocks. I've got my eyes on some 40" TSL's, but I'm kinda afraid of how much hacking will have to be done to fit them. If I'm thinking right, I should net somewhere around 12" of lift, but I'd think that'd be okay on fullwidths.

You guys tell me what you think. I do realize that there is no definative answer unless one of you is setup similar to this.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
if you haven't picked out rims then get 16.5 our grind the shit out of your calipers with 15 in wheels and 3.5 bs. I have stock springs soa on 1 tons....waggys in the front, and 38's and i just followed the scout lines for the front fenders but had to take at least 3 inches off of it...but the fenders still look like scout fenders.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snoop dogg said:
if you haven't picked out rims then get 16.5 our grind the shit out of your calipers with 15 in wheels and 3.5 bs. I have stock springs soa on 1 tons....waggys in the front, and 38's and i just followed the scout lines for the front fenders but had to take at least 3 inches off of it...but the fenders still look like scout fenders.
Do you plan on being at the gray rock ride in october?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts