Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed the people over at Maxi-Drive about their Portal Boxes. I had not seen a lot about them, and i know why now. I got a little package in the mail today that had all the info. The bare minimum kit starts at 11k:eek: , i hope that is in AUS $. But anyway, you have a ton of other stuff that has to be bought, and machined, and dadadadada..... Does anyone know anyone that has actually bought these? I must admit though, they do look pretty sweet.

Brad

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
do you have a scanner? if so it would be awesome for you to scan some of the pages.

how to they add the portal to the front, is it before or after the steering joint?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
After the steering joint. From what I understand they bolt on where the spindle goes.

Sam

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9V,

The boxes require a early RR CV, and the boxes bolt on the the swivel housing, it takes the place of the stub axle. It also require the dual line RR Brake calipers, you also have to machine your hub down, and also have the brake rotors machined down. I will try to find a scanner if i can, but it is about 20 or 30 pages. I will say that they did put a lot of work into it, and it looks really stout.

Brad

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
what about the rear 3rd member? are they just running taller springs in the the rear to compensate for the portal'd fronts??

interesting . . .

·
Registered
217 Posts
One unit to each corner.
was about 10K aus.
Regards
Michael.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts