Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an opportunity to buy some Mudzilla tires, which im assuming are left overs since everyone is saying that they got sued over these and are now making the Trepadors instead. Im cool with that.

I was just wondering if anyone has specs on them as far as how many plys the sidewalls have and what not. I cant find shyte.

Some reviews would be sweet also. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They did get sued by MT because they are so similar to the Claws. And Yes, They lost.

However, these should be a better tire because these have side lugs. Ive seen discussion on an English forum and they compair these to Simex tires, but no real reviews that i could find.

Can somebody overseas please find a spec sheet for me? Actual size, ply ratings...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, what to say...hummm...overhere in Brazil they are not liked a lot for their self cleaning ability (chewing mud) but they do last when used in a rocky terrain. Down here, most of us wheel in areas that are must mud/swamp like (not a lot of rocks down here), so they lack when compared with other tires available to us. Their puncture resistance are on the good side of the equation.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wrote an email to Maxxis looking for more info on this tire. The reply i got was "we stopped making that tire 8 years ago" and they have no specs.

Then i did a google search spelling the word "tire" like everyone else does "TYRE" . Then got much more info.

·
Banned
995 Posts
Could that lawsuit be one of the reasons for the high price of Trep's?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quite possibly. The Trepadors look mean.

The people at Maxxis wont give me any info on this tire. Apparently the ones im buying are left overs. I aint complaining, they are cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts